Make Six Samurais Great Again??

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Delicious Venom

Make Six Samurais Great Again??

Post #1 by Delicious Venom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:20 am

Hey guys, it's Delicious Venom.
I'm currently returning to YGO, and I'm really focused on trying to make Six Sams a more control based deck.
Before you some of you start posting anything about how it can't be done. I do believe we have the right pieces, we just need to focus more on their weaknesses.

Right know the glaring issues in most Six Samurai Decks are
1. Bricking: Yes, like most decks Six Sams (including combo variant) bricks. There's ways around it, I'm not arguing with that but I feel like once you're out of steam there's no going back besides going to game 2. Some may argue that I'm wrong and that I'm a bad player. Correct. I am. (No idea what insight I have to give with this weakness)
2. Spot removal: Yes, we have Hand of the Six and Mizuho but we need something more impactful something that can be played on our opponents turn. (HAND TRAPS)
3. Staying Power: Let's face it, once sams runs out of gas we're sitting ducks, waiting to die from our opponent. We need something that can prolong our monsters not by (Dad joke in 3...2...1) Six Spamming ;) our board but making sure we can go toe to toe with our opponent. (Support cards insuring our strong mons stay on the board)

I'm sure there's more but I'm over proving my point.

"BUT VENOM, THE COMBO SAMS CAN GET BORRELOAD SAVAGE DRAGON, SHI EN, AND APOLOUSSA ON THE BOARD IN 1 TURN AND THEY CAN NEGATE EVERYTHING ON THE BOARD!'

As much as I do agree with you on that one, I believe the saying don't count your chickens before they hatch. While it's still a great strat for sams at the moment, it can be disrupted and hard to come back after investing so much on the board just to see it fall apart...like Post Malone...

Furthermore, this Sams idea of going control is most likely the best option. Imagine playing a deck that's more control but can also explode depending on matchups...dare I say Sixspensful? (okay that joke didn't really work the way I wanted to, but I'm a dad that's practicing my dad jokes)

Okay. All jokes aside if you made it this far, please help me build a Six Sam Control deck. I'll follow up with a deck list later if anyone is interested.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, please feel free to ask questions or share your insights. Have a great day!

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:21 am

Just make 10 versions of Gateway ;)
Buy Floowandereeze

Delicious Venom

Post #3 by Delicious Venom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Very well thought out greg503, but I would like a more serious conversation about the possibilities of a new form of an old deck. Thanks for contributing tho.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:38 pm

But really though 3 Gateway would probably make the deck Tier 1 again.
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm

If you want control then how about an effect like "Your opponent cannot (Special) Summon monsters with the same Attribute as a 'Six Samurai' monster you control." Also monster effect versions of Shi En and Shien
Buy Floowandereeze

Delicious Venom

Post #6 by Delicious Venom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 pm

I agree 3 gateways would be crazy good. But like I said spot removal is where Six Sams lack. So my thought is to have either Nibiru or Kaiju as a replacement. My idea of the control deck I'm making is more like a Skystriker style deck. Very slow [aced but has answers for most responses. I also believe having 1 boss monster at a time with backup supports such as counter traps or other traps that can hinder opponents plays can be easier dealt with when they're expecting a combo heavy sams.

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Make a better magatama?
Buy Floowandereeze

Delicious Venom

Post #8 by Delicious Venom » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:01 am

Probably a generic card that could be splashed into other decks. Solemn cards?

Return to “Deck Discussions”