Dragunity Beatdown 2018

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Migious360

Dragunity Beatdown 2018

Post #1 by Migious360 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello, everyone.

It's me, Migious360. How things going? As for me, I'm doing fine. I really like the Dragunity deck and they were awesome. I always wanted to play them. I used to play the Dragunity Beatdown deck way back. But now things have changed thanks to these previous formats and the link system. With Dragon Ravine is back to unlimited, the dragons rises again. I know Hieratic Seal of Celestial Spheres, Cryston Needlefiber, Tin Musical Battlemech and Three Burst Dragon can be really helpful and all. But these cards are not out now. Therefore, I need to form a Dragunity that is currently playable until those cards are released in TCG. So, what do you think of the deck I've made? I call this recipe, "The Dragunity Beatdown" deck. It's purpose is to take down your opponents and/or render your opponent's plays useless. As much as I want to add Trident Dragion to the deck, there's isn't enough room for it. As much as I want to add Crimson Blader to the deck, there's not a lot of room there. Crimson Blader can help me slow down the True Draco monsters from being summoned to the field. I don't mind adding a second Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon though. If there's anything that needs to be fixed, please let me know right away. Because I want to know the right synergy as well as the right cards to do well. You see, gathering the right cards is what I'm concern the most. If you were to ask me why I don't have Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring, and Evenly Matched aren't included, these cards are very expensive and I can't really afford them.

https://imgur.com/KKYlqtI

Main Deck (40)

Monsters (18)
Dragunity Dux (x3)
Dragunity Phalanx (x3)
Dragunity Legionnaire (x2)
Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (x3)
Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Mist Valley Baby Roc (x2)
Garuda the Wind Spirit
Maxx "C"

Spells (19)
Cards of Consonance (x2)
Dragon Ravine (x3)
Terraforming (x3)
Dragunity Divine Lance (x3)
Twin Twisters (x2)
Return of the Dragon Lords (x2)
Foolish Burial
Soul Charge
Upstart Goblin
Raigeki

Traps (x3)
Solemn Strike (x3)

Extra Deck: (15)
Black Rose Dragon
Coral Dragon
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg
Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana (x2)
Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
Stardust Dragon
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum (x2)
Ice Beast Zerofyne
Akashic Magician
Decode Talker

Side Deck (15)
Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries (x3)
ABC-Dragon Buster
Debunk (x2)
Dimensional Barrier (x2)
Dragon's Bind (x3)
Imperial Iron Wall (x2)
Storming Mirror Force (x2)

Edit: I took out Ally of Justice for Black Rose Dragon
Last edited by Migious360 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CaptainWolf92

Post #2 by CaptainWolf92 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:59 am

I really dislike how limited the extra deck is Konami wise, otherwise i would question why two Vajrayanas. Also, I cant really tell you the rulings off the top between "discarding vs sending" in regards to baby roc and ravine. Other than that, I love the concept of this deck, especially using Leyvaten's upmost potential with his effect and devine lance. Nice to see a fellow member of the Dragunity Clan on board.

Migious360

Post #3 by Migious360 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm

CaptainWolf92 wrote:I really dislike how limited the extra deck is Konami wise, otherwise i would question why two Vajrayanas. Also, I cant really tell you the rulings off the top between "discarding vs sending" in regards to baby roc and ravine. Other than that, I love the concept of this deck, especially using Leyvaten's upmost potential with his effect and devine lance. Nice to see a fellow member of the Dragunity Clan on board.

Hmm...if you discard Baby Roc into the graveyard without missing the timing, then you can special summon him to the field. For example, you use Gae Dearg's eff. If you already got Baby Roc into your hand, don't discard it until the text tells you to do. It's like this, first you can add any winged-beast monster from the deck, then you can discard Baby Roc directly to the graveyard. Once Baby Roc hits to the graveyard without missing the timing, then it can special summon himself to the field. However, using the Dragon Ravine to discard Baby Roc to the graveyard to add a Dragunity monster to your hand or sent a dragon type monster to the graveyard, then Baby Roc's eff won't work because you miss the timing. I don't mind adding the third Vajayana. It just that it doesn't have enough room for the extra deck. I took out Ally of Justice Catastor for the Black Rose Dragon. Do you think I should add Effect Veilers to the main deck? If so, then how many should I add (and which cards to take out)? The reason why I asked is that I'm concerned about Trickstar Candina's effect as it has an ability to add any trickstar card from the deck into the hand. Including the dangerous trap card, "Trickstar Reincarnation". Especially when they go first.

Ricefarmer

Post #4 by Ricefarmer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 pm

I think Destrudo the Lost Dragon's Frisson is a great card in any deck that plays dragon ravine. Easy lv 7 synchro plays. If you do add him I would suggest adding Ancient Fairy dragon. Although I do know your extra is rather tight. Also, is this a IRL deck? If not I'd suggest needlefiber as your link monster. he is super easy to bring out in your deck vs decode talker.

Return to “Deck Discussions”