My GOAT Deck

Discuss your favorite deck and its strategies, and show off your latest variant.
Renji Asuka
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 224

My GOAT Deck

Post #1 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:43 am

Now before I post the link to my GOAT format deck I will make a disclaimer. I made this build irl and wanted to share it through Duelingbook. So any suggestions on how to make it "better" will be ignored as I probably don't own the cards.

Now the build: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11078082

Here's the breakdown:
BLS and Chaos Sorcerer: These are really good cards. Not a lot of light targets, but this is the most I can use as I don't have more light monsters that are available this format.

Great Maju Garzett: This thing is a beast, yeah I know Magic Cylinder really hurts especially if I (for whatever reason) tribute BLS to summon a 6k beater. But most importantly, the opponent will have to deal with this card in some way like through Thousand-Eyes Restrict, and if they do, well it'll be at 0 atk. But it's also a good game ender.

Mobius the Frost Monarch: My favorite monarch tbh. That's it. I mean yeah it's spell/trap removal is really good but that's just a bonus.

Zombie Package: Ryu Kokki is really good imo for GOAT as it can deal with BLS and Chaos Sorcerer with ease and even D.D. Warrior Lady. Vampire Lord to make my opponent send pesky spells or traps that I won't have to worry about and it can come back if they use Lightning Vortex. And of course the 3 Pyramid Turtles to make the Zombie Package more consistent.

Solar Flare Dragon: My favorite Fire monster. Have 2 on the field and your opponent effectively can't attack as you burn them for 500 at the end phase every turn. Kind of hard to pull off but not impossible. For example playing 2 off of Cyber Jar or sending 1 for Lightning Vortex to normal summon 1 and bring back the one you sent. And if you manage to get 3 out and they can all attack the opponent by the time you end your turn they'll have taken 6000 damage.

Warrior Package: Blade Knight says no to FLIP monsters, D.D. Warrior Lady can deal with any monster (that isn't Ryu Kokki), Exiled Force is really good spot removal, and Mystic Swordsman LV2 can deal with FLIP monsters or stuff like Pyramid Turtle (if they were set) without triggering them.

Sangan can search majority of the monsters in the deck funnily enough.

Cyber Jar: If this resolves, I basically win especially if it was backed up with Mirror Force (if the opponent played more aggressive monsters).

Magician of Faith: Let's me reuse any spell in my GY, but more importantly if this is combined with Cyber Jar and Mirror Force and I draw into a Card Destruction 17 cards of my opponent hits the GY (at most) which hopefully will let me deal with potential Chaos monsters in their hand they didn't or couldn't play.

Spirit Reaper: Kinda risky especially since Airknight Parshath is a thing however I'm willing to take that risk.

ROTA: Same reason on why I run Pyramid Turtle.

Pot of Greed: If you're not running this, what are you doing with your life?

Card Destruction: I know very risky against Chaos however with magician of Faith Cyber Jar combo and Compulse existing in this list, I can deal with problem monsters in different ways cause of this. That and I can always get a new hand if I don't like my current one.

Creature Swap: If I can manipulate my opponent's field with this card, I can do some shenanigans!

Lightning Vortex: No monsters for you >:C

Heavy Storm: Gotta hate that backrow somehow.

MST: The fact it is limited really sucks ;-;

Snatch Steal: Oh is that a TER or BLS? It's mine ty!

Premature Burial: Helps with Solar Flare plays or bringing back BLS or Chaos Sorcerer if they were properly summoned. Can also use this to bring back D.D. Warrior Lady if I hadn't used her effect when she was destroyed by battle.

Magic Jammer: Honestly this is probably MVP as it let's me play more traps at once by stopping Heavy Storm. Also useful against other spells that would do more harm than good for me.

Compulsory Evacuation Device: Yeah let me bounce your BLS back to hand so I can use Card Destruction to deal with it or even bounce my own cards if I rather them not be destroyed by say Lightning Vortex. Pretty versatile there.

Trap Hole: Mostly for stuff like Airknight Parshath.

Torrential Tribute: If I'm lacking in the monster advantage department I can always combine this with Sangan to remedy the situation.

Mirror Force: The ultimate "No U" card that isn't Magic Cylinder.

Call of the Haunted: See Premature Burial.

After looking through my cards again, I managed to "fix" the lack of Light monsters here is the new version: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11097372
Last edited by Renji Asuka on Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Frost
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:15 am
Reputation: 0

Post #2 by Frost » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:52 pm

Vortex is limited ...

Renji Asuka
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 224

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:51 pm

Frost wrote:Vortex is limited ...

The banlist I saw had it listed as Semi-Limited...and my dyslexia had moved it to 2. @[email protected] Welp, guess It's now a 40 card deck lmao
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub
User avatar
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:39 pm
Reputation: 21
Location: In the Anime Dimension

Post #4 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:57 pm

one question where are the goat monsters?
Image
Image
Image

Renji Asuka
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 224

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:27 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:one question where are the goat monsters?

Considering I don't own TER or Metamorphosis (pretty sure I don't), there's no reason for me to play Scapegoat.
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

itsmetristan
User avatar
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:16 am
Reputation: 34

Post #6 by itsmetristan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:05 am

Most goat cards are less than a dollar. Getting any old cards you may need shouldn't be very difficult.
Image
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge

Renji Asuka
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 224

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:40 am

itsmetristan wrote:Most goat cards are less than a dollar. Getting any old cards you may need shouldn't be very difficult.

I rather finish Danger Dark Worlds :P

Sides no around to play with so I'm shocked I even had these.

(A deck I really want to build is a November 2003 format where Butterfly Dagger - Elma is at 3, but my build is extremely expensive.)
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
User avatar
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm
Reputation: 168
Location: Toontown
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:22 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:Most goat cards are less than a dollar. Getting any old cards you may need shouldn't be very difficult.

I rather finish Danger Dark Worlds :P

Sides no around to play with so I'm shocked I even had these.

(A deck I really want to build is a November 2003 format where Butterfly Dagger - Elma is at 3, but my build is extremely expensive.)

Dont OTS run Time Wizard format? You can look and ask for Goat Format duels in said fornat.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 224

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:11 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:Most goat cards are less than a dollar. Getting any old cards you may need shouldn't be very difficult.

I rather finish Danger Dark Worlds :P

Sides no around to play with so I'm shocked I even had these.

(A deck I really want to build is a November 2003 format where Butterfly Dagger - Elma is at 3, but my build is extremely expensive.)

Dont OTS run Time Wizard format? You can look and ask for Goat Format duels in said fornat.

Don't have one around me so :P

Well not with gas prices being so high :P
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Wek
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:34 pm
Reputation: 39

Post #10 by Wek » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:57 pm

Just a few quick thoughts after a basic look.

Would slap in extradeck cards so your opponent doesn't know you don't use them. Any Goat legal junk will do. That way they might still make their plays fearing potential TERs early on, which will play in your favor since you don't have any.

Graceful Charity, Ring of Destruction, and a couple Nobleman of Crossout seem like cheap enough Goat staples.

You weren't kidding about the lack of light targets. 3 total, and once of them is D.D. Warrior Lady, which is a pretty bad light target given its effect. At least you have Blade Knight, which is a light warrior that more easily ends up in the GY and is searchable by Rota. Not to mention you'd still have to get to your dark, which is easier than lights, but is still extra commitment to account for. I can understand the appeal of BLS given how absurd the card is, but Chaos Sorcerer seems a bit much for a deck with such bad chaos capacity.

Great Maju Garzett is a vanilla stick and you can't just tribute off some easy floater for it, you have to give up an actual body. Tributing something like Pyramid Turtle gives you a body weaker than Summoned Skull, and not just for the ATK Value. Vanillas aren't that hard to kill with removal or other various outs, but the card that really eats it alive is Tsukuyomi. Sets it to 0/0 even if by some miracle you keep it alive for the turn.

Solar Flare is underwhelming. A 1500 with mild burn capacity, and you don't give it much support, no UFO Turtle etc. You have to manually stick it on the field then manually pull another to stick on the field to get an attack lock, which in itself isn't exactly game breaking. Otherwise not the greatest beater out there. Getting 3 out seems even more unlikely, not to mention open to some butchery from any Mirror Force, Torrential etc. and your opponent having no field when you try such a thing also looks pretty fringe. Having less than 1100 defense means Tsukuyomi can beat over it too.

Card Destruction seems like a subpar card. Already a generic -1, it gets worse if you give them chaos fodder or hit Sinister Serpent. The so-called combo with Faith sounds awful, though at least Faith is generically good. The one thing it has going for it is at least it improves consistency given the drawing, so if you draw a bad hand it's a mulligan, but still rough to go through.

Renji Asuka
Posts: 2401
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 224

Post #11 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:07 am

Wek wrote:Just a few quick thoughts after a basic look.

Would slap in extradeck cards so your opponent doesn't know you don't use them. Any Goat legal junk will do. That way they might still make their plays fearing potential TERs early on, which will play in your favor since you don't have any.

Graceful Charity, Ring of Destruction, and a couple Nobleman of Crossout seem like cheap enough Goat staples.

You weren't kidding about the lack of light targets. 3 total, and once of them is D.D. Warrior Lady, which is a pretty bad light target given its effect. At least you have Blade Knight, which is a light warrior that more easily ends up in the GY and is searchable by Rota. Not to mention you'd still have to get to your dark, which is easier than lights, but is still extra commitment to account for. I can understand the appeal of BLS given how absurd the card is, but Chaos Sorcerer seems a bit much for a deck with such bad chaos capacity.

Great Maju Garzett is a vanilla stick and you can't just tribute off some easy floater for it, you have to give up an actual body. Tributing something like Pyramid Turtle gives you a body weaker than Summoned Skull, and not just for the ATK Value. Vanillas aren't that hard to kill with removal or other various outs, but the card that really eats it alive is Tsukuyomi. Sets it to 0/0 even if by some miracle you keep it alive for the turn.

Solar Flare is underwhelming. A 1500 with mild burn capacity, and you don't give it much support, no UFO Turtle etc. You have to manually stick it on the field then manually pull another to stick on the field to get an attack lock, which in itself isn't exactly game breaking. Otherwise not the greatest beater out there. Getting 3 out seems even more unlikely, not to mention open to some butchery from any Mirror Force, Torrential etc. and your opponent having no field when you try such a thing also looks pretty fringe. Having less than 1100 defense means Tsukuyomi can beat over it too.

Card Destruction seems like a subpar card. Already a generic -1, it gets worse if you give them chaos fodder or hit Sinister Serpent. The so-called combo with Faith sounds awful, though at least Faith is generically good. The one thing it has going for it is at least it improves consistency given the drawing, so if you draw a bad hand it's a mulligan, but still rough to go through.


I might have a few extra deck cards that are legal for the format, which are ironically good cards to play off of Metamorphosis if I tribute level 5/6s as they can negate cards, but to use them as a bluff is a good idea.

I thought I had a graceful charity, but couldn't find it. Most of my GOAT era cards were given away to some kids who were about 9 or so. But I kept some holos. (Thought I kept all the holos but meh)

I do have a 2nd Blade Knight that I could run, but then I'd have to cut a Solar Flare leaving only 2 in the deck, and I have only 1 Dekoichi, which is something I rather just run 3 of instead of just 1. In the off chance I didn't need to use D.D. Warrior Lady it could be banished out for BLS but only if I already had BLS in hand, in which case I can just use BLS effect to banish the card I would had with D.D. Warrior Lady. Not defending that decision or anything as I know I need more lights.

Great Maju Garzett I know has a lot of issues in GOAT some of the stuff you listed and more. I just really like him as a card. That being said if he's being played, the game should be over as I try to make him 4k beater at minimum. Utilizing him with other cards so he'd have more of an impact instead of "Rawr I'm a worse Summoned Skull!". I could actually replace him with Summoned Skull that's Super Rare >->

Solar Flare was mostly chosen as a filler option for monsters. The plays for it unfortunately requires Cyber Jar or Card Destruction with a revival option or even having 2 in hand with a revival. Not exactly the most reliable thing if I had more realistic options I'd run those instead. I'd love to swap them for good light targets if I had any.

Yeah the Card Destruction will odds are more likely than not just fuel my opponent's GY for their Chaos Plays. It's something I'm willing to take that risk on as it is more consistency, on the other hand it can also let me deal with powerful cards when combined with Compulse. Which is what I prefer to do and if I brick heavily well it fixes that at least...hopefully x)
Image
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Ric T. Roll
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:54 am
Reputation: 0

Post #12 by Ric T. Roll » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:39 am

I noticed a great lack of Bagooska in many of these decks.
This makes Bagooska sad.

Bagooska invites you to join the kingdom/cult of Bagooska. Bagooska is the best Bagooska in all of Yugi. Bagooska believes in the mandatory mid-day nap and snack. Please join Bagooska in spreading the love of naps and Bagooska.

ALL HAIL BAGOOSKA!


Return to “Deck Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests