Chain material Ruling?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Schmero Hero

Chain material Ruling?

Post #1 by Schmero Hero » Thu May 21, 2020 8:10 pm

So Chain material has an effect that destroys all fusion mosnters that were summoned by it during the endphase... however I want to know if it dEstroys the monsters seperately or simultaneusly. Dark hole destroys all monsters simultaneously but does Chain material do the same or not
? I ask becuase if theoretically i Summon three Raibow Neos monsters using Chain material and Fusion gate and i have a Neos Fusion in my GY by banishing NEos Fusion would ALL of my Rainbow Neos monsters be protected by destruction or would Neos Fusion only protect one of them? If Chain material destroys them like dark hole does then Neos Fusion should protect all three of them however If Chain material Destroys the mosnters seperately one by one then Neos Fusion can only protect one of the Rainbow Neos... my question is wich ruling is right? does Chain material Blow up the field all at once or does It destroy seperately?

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #2 by Ir0n » Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 am

Chain Material works kind of like Limiter Removal. It destroys only the monsters affected by it (so if you used Neos Fusion for the last monster it is probably not affected by this, but I could be wrong here, though in this example it doesn't matter).
It also doesn't activate to destroy them, but rather just applies part of an affect that was activated when the card resolved, so without starting a new chain all of the Fusion monsters would be destroyed simultaneously, thus you CAN protect all of them with Neos Fusions passive GY effect.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”