Halqifrax's Second Effect

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Zylefer

Halqifrax's Second Effect

Post #1 by Zylefer » Thu May 07, 2020 5:58 am

So the well known Link 2 Monster card "Crystron Halqifibrax" (also known as Needlefiber) has a 2nd ability that states "During your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish this card you control; Special Summon 1 Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. (This is treated as a Synchro Summon.)" Now, I've been equipping Halqi from the grave to my Borreload Savage Dragon and started thinking, "Can I use his effect (from the SPELL and TRAP zone) to synchro summon a tuner monster by banishing him since he's face up on the field and I control the card (sorry for referring it as a he)?" Well, I don't know. Is there a ruling for this? If so please explain or cite, and if you're allowed to, will it remove the Borrel counters off Borreload Savage Dragon. I know this probably isn't talked about much but I feel like this can be a broken play if ruled in the favor of yes. Sorry if it takes a while to find any form of evidence in advance <3

Slitina

Post #2 by Slitina » Thu May 07, 2020 5:54 pm

*deep breath* no you cant because halqifibrax's banish effect does not state "if this card is equipped" and when a monster is equipped without said text it looses most of it's effects.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Return to “Rulings Q&A”