Can someone help me?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Lunhill

Can someone help me?

Post #1 by Lunhill » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am

idk where to post this really. im newer to the site in general but.... this happen.

Lunhill: there a way to report a judge?
Resource Judge #0823: yeah you can do so on the foruns
Resource Judge #0823: posting.php?mode=post&f=7
Apr 9th
Lunhill: uh wtf?
Lunhill: so what?
Lunhill: why was i frozen?
Lunhill: do*
Lunhill: u said pm you why was i frozen?
Resource Judge #0823: you were frozen for claming that gamciel targeted, saying that its on yugipedia
Resource Judge #0823: and then you stalled for two hours calling a judge while no judge was online while in a clearly disadvantagous situation
Lunhill: i never said it targeted i said i didnt kno and waited for a judge
Lunhill: how can i stall i accepted the state and passed my turn? my opp chose to keep on about the effect and not play
Lunhill: thus why i called a judge
Resource Judge #0823: you said it did and that yugipedia supported you
Lunhill: he left the duel.
Resource Judge #0823: yes
Lunhill: and i can show that rn
Resource Judge #0823: doesn't mean you arent stalling
Resource Judge #0823: show it then
Lunhill: give me one sec to find plz
Lunhill: i looked it up on phone while playing
Lunhill: ok ssing from webcam
Lunhill: can ii send imgs?
Resource Judge #0823: sure
Lunhill: how?
Resource Judge #0823: how do I know, you're the one who said you'll send them
Lunhill: sec i have link
Lunhill: https://www.google.com/search?q=does%20 ... mIR411:200
Lunhill: 5th one down
Resource Judge #0823: google searches are different based off of search history
Lunhill: Card Errata:Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi ... yugipedia.com wiki Card_Errata:Gameciel,_the_Sea_Turtle_Kaiju You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's side of the ... activates a card or effect, except "Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju": You can ... anywhere on the field; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. Missing: target | Must include: target
Resource Judge #0823: lmao your own copy paste says that the webpage doesn't have target anywhere
Lunhill: i just copied from goodle
Lunhill: i cant send u an img of it....
Lunhill: what else do u want
Resource Judge #0823: and what you copied from google says you're wrong
Lunhill: search it urseld and look for 5th down
Resource Judge #0823: yeah
Resource Judge #0823: you're also ignoring the first 4 results
Lunhill: yes... is the internet always right?
Resource Judge #0823: the first one probalby being the rulings page of the wiki taht says "The effect "negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card." does not target. "
Lunhill: thats also why i attempted to eait for a judge
Lunhill: wait
Lunhill: i accepted it passed turn he wasnt sure i wasnt sure i called judge he left duel...
Lunhill: i asked 4-5 times if he was going to play or agrue the effect.
Lunhill: before calling a jusge
Lunhill: he even tried offering a draw in middle of all this that i declined.
Lunhill: there was no lie. i accepted it, it was apparent neither of us knew. so i called a judge bc he refused to play his turn
Resource Judge #0823: you say you found it then refused to give a link, when I asked for the link myself you gave me a google search result that doens't support your argument whatsoever
Lunhill: i was content with his ruling on it until he didnt wanna play
Lunhill: i showed u the link....
Lunhill: i cant send u an img
Resource Judge #0823: if you were fine with the ruling why didn't you cancel the call
Lunhill: its liteerally a copy paste of the whole entry
Resource Judge #0823: and it doesn't support your argument that gamaciel targets whatsoever
Lunhill: bc he refused to play his turn.
Resource Judge #0823: he's not supposed to play while waiting for a gamestate related call
Resource Judge #0823: and you made no indication you wanted him to continue in the chat iether
Lunhill: it says card errtas missing: targeting must include targeting
Lunhill: yes i did
Resource Judge #0823: link it
Lunhill: i asked 2-5 times
Lunhill: i dont have it this was an hour or more ago
Resource Judge #0823: thats not part of the page
Lunhill: yes it is....
Resource Judge #0823: thats google telling you the page doesn't have the term targeting
Resource Judge #0823: and the 2nd half saying that you can search requireing the phrase targeting
Lunhill: Card Errata:Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi ... yugipedia.com wiki Card_Errata:Gameciel,_the_Sea_Turtle_Kaiju You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's side of the ... activates a card or effect, except "Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju": You can ... anywhere on the field; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. Missing: target | Must include: target
Lunhill: oh shit... u may be right on that. im not understanding there was no malicous intent and i attempted to wait for the judge my opponent left
Lunhill: there was an indication i wanted him to play his turn when i passed mine.... to him and he drew....
Resource Judge #0823: you called a judge after he started his turn
Lunhill: i never paused the game. i said i accepted it and he didnt play
Lunhill: yes bc he was still unhappy with me accepting th effect and wanted to be right... so i called a judge to find out,
Lunhill: just ike hes been watching my last 4-5 games and senfing me pms..... bc he couldnt let it go... i did
Lunhill: he threatened to report me i said that was fine i just wanted to wait on judge for ruling and he left
Resource Judge #0823: ok fine, I wont freeze you for the stalling, but I'm still keeping the cheating punishment
Lunhill: how did i cheat both players were unsure of a ruling so i called a judge
Lunhill: he left before judge came....
Lunhill: i didnt force him to do so....
Lunhill: i didnt resolve any effects the changed gamestate
Lunhill: i accepted his and passed turn...
Lunhill: and he refused to play......
Resource Judge #0823: you still claimed you were sure and tried to support your claim with a source that doesn't exist
Lunhill: i showed u what it looked like, i never claimed i was sure thus why i called a judge in the first place
Lunhill: my oppenent wasnt sure or he would have taken his turn and none of this would be an issue,,,,,
Resource Judge #0823: its also something that couldve been easily proven if you actually opened the website
Lunhill: i did... i also accepted the gamestate and passed turn.... my oppenent chose to keep on about it with no links to rulings just harrasment rly, so yes i called a judge
Resource Judge #0823: yeah which is why I'm not freezing you for stalling anymore
Lunhill: bc it was apparent we were not getting anywhere
Lunhill: and cheating is a better label? thats more offensive then anything
Lunhill: in no way did i cheat
Lunhill: i gave the guy every option i could to continue gameplay.....
Lunhill: Im newer to the game i dont know all the rulings so when i tell a guy ok thats fine play and he contines for 5 mins to explain why he is right thats a red flag for me so i wanted to ask a judge.
Lunhill: i played in 2014 and just recently began playing the game in paper again... with covid... im here.... i thought thats what that option of calling a judge was for? i legitamently didnt know...
Lunhill: im just trying to learn to play better, u learn from mistakes... im gonna make them.... thats why i was trying to figure out how it worked.
Lunhill: to explain it all so it makes more sence i played a muddragon first and changed attribute.. he had no responce. i thought this was because they are both water.... but if gamicel dont target that wouldnt matter so i couldntt understand why he targeted the one after i changed the attribute to match what he negated.
Lunhill: does that clarify my confusion?
Resource Judge #0823: yes but if you're going to claim soemthing and say that you have proof supporting it, you need to stick by it
Resource Judge #0823: if you're going to claim taht you have evidence without even bohtering to look at the evidence yourself tahts on you
Lunhill: i didnt know... claimed i didnt know . and was ok with continuing... I honestly wasnt in anyway trying to stall. or cheat.. and to be called a cheater over an honest mistake.... thats only reason im still discussing.... i was just trying to solve the issue. i thought nothing of it or id have saved chat ect.
Lunhill: I mean he must be pretty upset to follow me into 5 games and watch me win 5 games then report it.... do i seem upset? am i angry about anything? other then my intentions being called into question?

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:35 pm

Lunhill wrote:Can someone help me?

With what? You breaking the rules and getting punished for it? Nope.
Lunhill wrote:Lunhill: uh wtf?
Lunhill: so what?
Lunhill: why was i frozen?
Lunhill: do*
Lunhill: u said pm you why was i frozen?
Resource Judge #0823: you were frozen for claming that gamciel targeted, saying that its on yugipedia
Resource Judge #0823: and then you stalled for two hours calling a judge while no judge was online while in a clearly disadvantagous situation
Lunhill: i never said it targeted i said i didnt kno and waited for a judge

First off, if a card does not say "select" or "target" then it goes not target. Secondly, you should have saved and shared a replay of this so it would be easier to investigate what really happened. Third, nowhere on Yugipedia did it say that gameciel targets. In fact, it specifically says it "does not target."
Finally, you wasted someone's time. I'm surprised you didn't also get set to beginner status for not knowing how any of this stuff works.
Lunhill wrote:Lunhill: can ii send imgs?
Resource Judge #0823: sure
Lunhill: how?
Resource Judge #0823: how do I know, you're the one who said you'll send them
Lunhill: sec i have link
Lunhill: https://www.google.com/search?q=does%20 ... mIR411:200
Lunhill: 5th one down

So the "5th one down" leads to this page: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Gameciel,_the_Sea_Turtle_Kaiju
Even then, nowhere does it say it selects or targets anything.

Lunhill wrote:Resource Judge #0823: the first one probalby being the rulings page of the wiki taht says "The effect "negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card." does not target. "
Lunhill: thats also why i attempted to eait for a judge
Lunhill: wait
Lunhill: i accepted it passed turn he wasnt sure i wasnt sure i called judge he left duel...
Lunhill: i asked 4-5 times if he was going to play or agrue the effect.
Lunhill: before calling a jusge
Lunhill: he even tried offering a draw in middle of all this that i declined.
Lunhill: there was no lie. i accepted it, it was apparent neither of us knew. so i called a judge bc he refused to play his turn
Resource Judge #0823: you say you found it then refused to give a link, when I asked for the link myself you gave me a google search result that doens't support your argument whatsoever
Lunhill: i was content with his ruling on it until he didnt wanna play
Lunhill: i showed u the link....
Lunhill: i cant send u an img
Resource Judge #0823: if you were fine with the ruling why didn't you cancel the call
Lunhill: its liteerally a copy paste of the whole entry
Resource Judge #0823: and it doesn't support your argument that gamaciel targets whatsoever
Lunhill: bc he refused to play his turn.
Resource Judge #0823: he's not supposed to play while waiting for a gamestate related call
Resource Judge #0823: and you made no indication you wanted him to continue in the chat iether

Okay so here you admit that you searched for the ruling on gameciel, found no evidence that it targets, instead found proof that it does not target, and yet you continued to stall and drag out the game and waste time even after proving yourself wrong instead of simply cancelling the call and proceeding with the duel.
Lunhill wrote:Lunhill: it says card errtas missing: targeting must include targeting

I see. So this is why you thought that gameciel targeted, because when you were searching on google if gameciel targets, google brought up all the possible search results that it could find you, and in that search result with that Yugipedia page, it said below it that your google search result must include target and that the Yugipedia page was missing the word target that you typed into google's search box.
When google said "missing target must include target" it was not referring to the card itself targeting. It was referring to the webpage missing the word target since you typed that word into your google search box. This is an example of the infamous "Fine For Parking Here" fallacy where you parked in an illegal parking spot because the sign said what you thought was that it was fine to park there.

Lunhill wrote:Lunhill: and cheating is a better label? thats more offensive then anything
Lunhill: in no way did i cheat
Lunhill: i gave the guy every option i could to continue gameplay.....

A player isn't supposed to "continue gameplay" if a judge has been called and is on their way to the duel to resolve the issue. They are to wait for the judge to resolve the issue then continue if possible. You can't call a judge, make your opponent wait hours for said judge, then claim that you're opponent didn't take advantage of the opportunity to keep playing when you get punished for stalling and wasting their time.
Lunhill wrote:Lunhill: Im newer to the game i dont know all the rulings so when i tell a guy ok thats fine play and he contines for 5 mins to explain why he is right thats a red flag for me so i wanted to ask a judge.
Lunhill: i played in 2014 and just recently began playing the game in paper again... with covid... im here.... i thought thats what that option of calling a judge was for? i legitamently didnt know...
Lunhill: im just trying to learn to play better, u learn from mistakes... im gonna make them.... thats why i was trying to figure out how it worked.
Lunhill: to explain it all so it makes more sence i played a muddragon first and changed attribute.. he had no responce. i thought this was because they are both water.... but if gamicel dont target that wouldnt matter so i couldntt understand why he targeted the one after i changed the attribute to match what he negated.

How are you "new" to this game yet you've been playing since 2014??

Anyways, I don't feel like going though the rest of the conversation. Based on what you've provided, you called a judge, wasted hours of your opponent's time, forced them to sit there and wait with you, then cited an article that did nothing to help you in an attempt to somehow prove yourself right and the opponent wrong, which is considered cheating, which is prohibited.

As you can see, it is against the rules to misrepresent things "in order to gain an advantage." That is what you did. You misrepresented gameciel's effect which does not target, to try an gain an unfair advantage by trying to cite a Yugipedia article that did not even help your case.

Like you said, you gotta "learn to play better" and "learn from mistakes". That's all I have to say.

Lunhill

Post #3 by Lunhill » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:06 pm

i accepted the game state and passed turn my opp, then proceeded to continue to tell me why he was right for 10 mins while I repeatedly asked him to play... then I called a judge. The conversation that is above then happen almost 4 hours after that. No I didn't save any of it bc I didn't think nothing of it.

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:37 am

Lunhill wrote:i accepted the game state and passed turn my opp, then proceeded to continue to tell me why he was right for 10 mins while I repeatedly asked him to play... then I called a judge. The conversation that is above then happen almost 4 hours after that. No I didn't save any of it bc I didn't think nothing of it.

If it was a rated duel, you may be able to go back to your duel records and find the replay somewhere there. You just scroll down in your menu 'till you see "Duel Records".

The whole thing should look something like this:

Lunhill

Post #5 by Lunhill » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:04 am

Lunhill

Post #6 by Lunhill » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:21 am

Thank you christen.

while I admit I was slightly tilted u can see I was not at all trying to cheat and gave him every chance to just play..... Also as u can see I wasn't in as bad as shape as he thought I was

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:30 am

In what universe are you not in the wrong? You doubted him at every step when he was in the right then had the gall to make him wait 70 minutes for a judge until he quit. You're a Grade A cunt.

Lunhill

Post #8 by Lunhill » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:34 am

I attempted to let him play. If I don't know a ruling im allowed to ask a judge there is nothing saying I cant. wanting to know how every card works an breaking down the effects is how u learn what u don't play urself...

Return to “Rulings Q&A”