Eldlich VS Mechaba

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
SamCarver
Mood:

Eldlich VS Mechaba

Post #1 by SamCarver » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 pm

First of all, this post is due to a painstaking duel I had the other day (and honestly wasn't worth it)
Replay: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=28843-16964663
It's also worth checking the timestamps of everything :lol:
The ruling that occurred was Mechaba's negation effect vs Eldlich's effect in hand.
Can I get some official link to provide to my opponents?
Apparently Infernoid and Debunk links weren't good enough..

Cheers!

[HHD] Mana

Post #2 by [HHD] Mana » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Unorthodoxical-Princ

Post #3 by Unorthodoxical-Princ » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:50 am

Try to reword this question so that when people find this thread they know what they are looking for and can easily find an answer. Name cards properly etc just like in the link that Mana posted. If someone sees the question just as it is worded in the database in the post Mana posted, then that is clear and we don't need full duel context for a ruling question.

luads
Mood:

Post #4 by luads » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 am

The activation is a cost and the resolution happens on the hand, since it wasn't there anymore, it won't be banished. It could only be moved by an effect that moves something from the GY, like Called by the grave, which will indeed negate El Dick, just to keep that in mind.

And cards that prevent the activation just the activation (like Mind Drain), work same way.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”