What are some of the most common rules and rulings that people get wrong?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
| Hanverid |
Mood:

What are some of the most common rules and rulings that people get wrong?

Post #1 by | Hanverid | » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 pm

I haven't played in a while, and it seems like the game has changed quite a bit (synchro monsters and all). I also haven't played much outside of my circle of friends. So I'd like to hear what are some common misconceptions people have about the official rules when you duel them online.

One particular bit of minutia that I'd like to make sure I have right is using Jinzo to negate traps. If a spell speed 2 trap like waboku is activated, can I then use Call of the Haunted to bring Jinzo back from the graveyard and negate the effect of waboku?

Also, if MST is used on a face down trap like waboku, I can then activate the trap and get the effect, right?
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

Unorthodoxical-Princ

Post #2 by Unorthodoxical-Princ » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:27 am

Question 1:
CL 1: "Waboku", CL2: "Call of the Haunted".

Yes, the continuous effect of "Jinzo" starts applying after "Call of the Haunted" resolves, but before "Waboku" resolves, so it will negate the effect of "Waboku".

Question 2:
CL 1: "Waboku", CL2: "Mystical Space Typhoon".

Since "Waboku" is a Normal Trap card it doesn't need to remain face-up on the field to resolve, and even if you reversed the order of this chain it does not matter. If the effect was activated, then it will resolve with effect. So if you reverse the order of the chain, it does not matter.

Edit: I misunderstood the question, sorry.

I think my most common call question has to be about trigger effects activating before fast effects

Return to “Rulings Q&A”