Interaction confusion with maiden with eyes of blue

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Interaction confusion with maiden with eyes of blue

Post #1 by s.nickid » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:39 pm

I have maiden with eyes of blue in attack position, my opponent got skill drain face-up on the field, I have book of moon set face-down on my side of the field. My opponent attack maiden with eyes of blue with one of his monster card, I activated maiden effect, then I chain book of moon and target maiden with eyes of blue, since maiden with eyes of blue his now face down skill drain cannot negated here effect, so chain link 1 resolve maiden with eyes of blue negated the attack, and because she successfully negated the attack she as to switch battle position, so she will fip from face-down defense to face-up attack, would skill drain negated the remaining of maiden of eyes of blue, so the blue-eyes white dragon his not special summoned, or since the first half of the resolution as succefully resolve, skill drain cannot negated half the resolve effect and Blue-eyes white dragon his special summoned? so which interaction would be the correct one? Maybe if a dueling book judge answer this.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2 by troglyte » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:34 pm

you absolute madman

i think it does actually work
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Unorthodoxical-Princ

Post #3 by Unorthodoxical-Princ » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:12 am

If you are negating an activated effect, it has to be decided when the card effect is about to resolve. So you finish resolving the effect of "Maiden with Eyes of Blue".

s.nickid

Post #4 by s.nickid » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm

@Unorthodoxica-Princ: Skill drain does not negated activation of face-up effect monster, Skill drain only negated the effect of face-up effect monster that are still face-up on the field.

Unorthodoxical-Princ

Post #5 by Unorthodoxical-Princ » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:53 pm

I never said it negates the activation. I said that it is capable of negating the activated effects. An activated effect is an effect, just like a strawberry cake is a cake. "Activated" in 'activated effect' is an adjective that makes it clear what type of effect is being negated. For example, "Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring" only negates activated effects(not activations), and thus cannot be used in the Damage Step.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”