Engage vs MST

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
crashoveride

Engage vs MST

Post #1 by crashoveride » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi I am pretty new but i have a question. If my opponent chains mst to my activation of engage, after i search am i allowed to draw still since once the chain resolves engage is no longer on field.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm going to assume that once MST resolves then Engage will fulfill the 3rd spell card requirement in the GY.

In this case, yes. This is because the draw effect applies on resolution, NOT on activation, meaning after MST resolves if your Engage fulfills the 3rd spell card requirement in GY, you are allowed to draw 1 card. (And btw, your opponent was an idiot to use MST on a normal spell. Like, seriously? It's not gonna negate the spell or do anything about it.)

Hope this helps.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #3 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Engage 1
MST 2

MST destroys Engage sending it to the card graveyard (This point in time engage counts as a spell card for it's own purposes of having 3+ in the latter text)

Engage resolves, if you had 3 spells in the GY when Engage resolves it's effect, you will gain the additional effect to draw 1 card.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”