Need Evidence

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Crimson7Reaper

Need Evidence

Post #1 by Crimson7Reaper » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=35357-11106734
If my opponent uses Set Rotation to set a field spell onto my field and Mystic Mine onto his. And then in response to the activation of Mystic Mine, I chain Heavenly Spheres and return Mystic Mine back to hand, can he activate Mystic Mine?
I think not because once Mystic Mine left the field spell zone, it is no longer treated as the same card as the one searched by Set Rotation.

I am pretty sure I am correct, I just need evidence to prove it. I can't seem to find anything :/

Storm Crow

Post #2 by Storm Crow » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 am

if one of the field spells that were placed by set rotation is still face down your opponent cannot reactivate mystic mine, a new field spell or set another field spell. do to set rotation.

iFurry

Post #3 by iFurry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am

In this situation only the Field Spell Cards set via Set Rotation can be activated.

Due to Mystic Mine being returned to the hand and you still controlling a set Field Spell your opponent cannot activate any Field Spell Cards as long as you control that set card.
Even if it has the same name as the one set via Set Rotation.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”