how would called by the gave be applied?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
sortiara

how would called by the gave be applied?

Post #1 by sortiara » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 am

how does called by the grave work for monsters that whose name become another's name while on the field?

i had a game earlier where my opponent had aleistar the invoker of madness out, whose name would be the invoker but i used called by the grave on the normal invoker in the grave.

does an infinite loop happen where invoker of madness becomes invoker, gets its effects negated because invoker was banished with called, then is no longer negated because its name isnt 'aleistar the invoker' its 'aleistar the invoker of madness', which then gets its named changed back to invoker and repeats?

its an effect that his name is aleistar the invoker while on the field, not a condition like cyber harpy lady is 'harpy lady' on at all times

also how would invocation work here, since you need to banish an 'aleistar the invoker' not an 'aleistar the invoker' monster, with no legal target in grave and the aleistar on the field is not 'aleistar the invoker'

Red_Fox

Post #2 by Red_Fox » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 pm

'Called by the Grave' negates the effect of monsters with the same original name.
so if another monster takes the name of the target monster, it's effect will not be negated since that name isn't it's original name.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”