Knightmare Gryphon and B-Buster Drake

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Babycakes17

Knightmare Gryphon and B-Buster Drake

Post #1 by Babycakes17 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Okay, I'm not entirely sure if I can do this, so I'm hoping to find the answer. I have Proxy Dragon in the main monster zone, Summon Sorc. in the extra monster zone, and B-Buster Drake in the main monster zone with no cards in hand. I link away Buster and summon sorc to link summon Knightmare Gryphon, Keeping in mind I have no cards in hand. Can I CL one Gryphon, CL Two Buster and resolve, allowing me to add one of the Union Monsters to my hand and discard that same union monster to resolve Knightmare Gryphon's effect?

Orphea

Post #2 by Orphea » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Gryphon cannot be used as it's cost is to discard in which you do not have a card in the hand.
Hired 20/09/2017
Konami RC-1 Certified
Konami PC-1 Certified

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #3 by __Blank__ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

It's activation condition of discarding 1 card is unable to activate (Public Knowledge regarding you have 0 cards in hand when it would trigger, so it's unable to activate at all in that scenario).

If you had a card already in hand, and went Cl1 Gryphon CL2 Drake, you could discard the card you add via Drake, this is because you already had a card in hand when Troymare/Knightmare Phoenix was summoned.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”