Lose a turn trigger like effect

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Lose a turn trigger like effect

Post #1 by s.nickid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:21 pm

I special summoned an effect monster, that his considered an inherent special summoned, and my opponent flip face-up the continous trap lose a turn in response to the succesfully special summoned of my monster, my opponent claim that my monster should switch to defense mode, since the mandatory trigger-like respond to succesfully summoned his he correct?

Monarch Snow

Post #2 by Monarch Snow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Activate this card only if you currently control no Special Summoned monsters. While a monster is face-up on the field, negate its effects during the turn that monster was Special Summoned. If an Effect Monster(s) is Special Summoned in Attack Position: Change it to Defense Position.

1. Inherent is not an official term. Cease using it. I'll use "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" as an example.

2. In this scenario, if you successfully Summoned BLS - Envoy of the Beginning with its own procedure (this way for this example), your opponent can respond by activation Lose 1 Turn. The activation of its effect can also occur. I say "can", because you could Special Summon in Defense Position, but if you're Special Summoning in Attack Position the effect still activates.
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 Konami® Certified Judge
Retired Duelingbook Tournament Organizer
Retired Ozone Host/Administrator
Retired Judge in DU, DNx, /r/ Subrredit Discord, & The Ruling Zone
Founder of i3 & Harmonic Souls: Organized Play

Return to “Rulings Q&A”