Kozmo tincan, powertool dragon on db/ best way to resolve

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Genexwrecker

Kozmo tincan, powertool dragon on db/ best way to resolve

Post #1 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:17 am

For the effects of these cards you select 3 cards from your deck and your opp randomly chooses 1. usually this is labeling the cards with numbers and rolling the dice.

I have been told in the past by judges(might be retired judges at this point -.-) that all i as the opp is required to do is agree on the random selection method and that i am not obligated to roll the actual die.

Does it matter who rolls the die? and who would be at fault if the game is stalled for me not wanting to roll and teh opp not wanting to roll when it is their effect.

I also asked around and had heard of both players getting uc minor. somebody calrify this for me so there are no futhur issues.

I would also like to know what would be the best possible selection method. have had some times where the dice were just cast aside and we would banish the hand face down then add the cards from the deck to the hand and decide that way.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

NoahC92
Mood:

Post #2 by NoahC92 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:26 am

Once a randomization method is agreed upon by both players, the player who actually inputs the command to the server doesn't really matter. There are specific cards which may require a specific player to make a random selection and should either player wish to follow that strictly then both players should do so in the interest of fair play. However, if neither player really cares, then it ultimately does not matter. Having said all of this, if both players are going back and forth with "I don't care so you do it." and neither is actually performing randomization, then both players are holding the game up over nonsense and both should be awarded a penalty for Unsporting Conduct.
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 certified KDE judge
DN Admin 2/14/16 until shutdown
DB Judge since 6/12/17

ScottyAdams

Post #3 by ScottyAdams » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:27 am

I usually let the opponent choose when it's me using one of those effects (Cresent, Tincan), and usually just say 'order sent' when it's the opponent using said effect.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:43 am

Fair
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Rulings Q&A”