Possessed Awakening

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
TheDarkestTruth

Possessed Awakening

Post #1 by TheDarkestTruth » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:39 am

I was reviewing one of the new OCG cards released called Possessed Awakening. I might be crazy and misunderstanding this card but I feel like this card might be unplayable due to the wording of the card.

All monsters you control gain ATK equal to the number of different Attributes you control x 300. "Charmer" and "Familiar-Possessed" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.
If a Spellcaster monster(s) with 1850 ATK is Normal or Special Summoned to your field: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Possessed Awakening" once per turn.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Possessed_Awakening

Now I may be wrong and if anyone has corrections for me please let me know

Play Possessed Awakening
Summon Familiar -Possessed - Eria
Summon is not negated
Attack is raised to 2150
Will Possessed Awakening still trigger allowing me to draw 1 card if Summon Familiar - Possessed Eria is no longer at 1850?

My logic behind this would be
Gravekeepers Spy + Necrovalley Allows me to bottomless the target
Fusilier Dragon the dual-mode beast under skill drain allows me to bottomless the target
Absolute Crusader vs Stygian Dirge.

TheDarkestTruth

Post #2 by TheDarkestTruth » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:45 am

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Possessed_Awakening

All monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each different Attribute among monsters you control. “Charmer” and “Familiar-Possessed” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. If a Spellcaster monster whose original ATK is 1850 is Normal or Special Summoned to your field: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of “Possessed Awakening” once per turn.

Dueling book needs to fix the text REEEEEEE

Hyde

Post #3 by Hyde » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 pm

If you read more carefully in the link you provided for the card, the card actually states:

"If a Spellcaster monster whose original ATK is 1850"

So regardless of ATK increase, so long as the original ATK of the monster (The ATK printed on the card itself) is 1850 you will still trigger the effect. Whenever a card says "original ATK" it is always referring to the ATK printed on a card rather then the monsters current ATK after modifiers.

Hope this helps!

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #4 by __Blank__ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Hyde wrote:If you read more carefully in the link you provided for the card, the card actually states:

"If a Spellcaster monster whose original ATK is 1850"

So regardless of ATK increase, so long as the original ATK of the monster (The ATK printed on the card itself) is 1850 you will still trigger the effect. Whenever a card says "original ATK" it is always referring to the ATK printed on a card rather then the monsters current ATK after modifiers.

Hope this helps!

It obviously doesn't, because that is NOT what was posted about.

They said DUELINGBOOK needs to fix the text, meaning DuelingBook (The Flash Based Yugioh Site, not the Forum), had the wrong text, and they were posting (In the wrong section) to report it.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”