Chaos Emperor dragon- Envoy of the end Tcg update

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Chaos Emperor dragon- Envoy of the end Tcg update

Post #1 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:03 am

This is the new TCG text for it : Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your GY. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; send as many cards in both players' hands and on the field as possible to the GY, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card sent to the opponent's GY by this effect. You cannot activate other cards or effects during the turn you activate this card's effect.

Since the cannot be special summoned by other way his not there anymore compare to the first nerf of the OCG, the OCG also seem to have change it the way it his written above, so does that means if it his summoned properly, in both TCG and OCG, it can be special summoned from the graveyard, and/or banish zone? Despite finially being nerf in TCG it his still banned in TCG advance, it will probebly get unbanned next forbiden list for the TCG Advance, because of the nerf.

Zaziuma

Post #2 by Zaziuma » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:15 am

No, that is not what that means. Simply, they removed the part about mentioning other ways because it cut down on card text, since "must be" already indicates that this is the only way to do it. It would have to say "must FIRST be Special Summoned" to later be able to Special Summon it from the GY or while banished.
All my custom cards are available on Duel Portal. It's like Dueling Book, but for custom cards! Check it out: https://duel-portal.com/

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:04 pm

@Zaziuma: When I compare errata Must first be special summoned, his grammer incorrect, so they scratch off the first to make it grammer correct, so the wording Must be special summoned, still as the same meaning as must first be special summoned. If your not sure don't reply with an answer, unless you have valid proof from konami, the ruling in yugioh wikia about this are invalid because they did not account the new text change for both OCG and TCG, the will probebly updated it when they move to fandom.com . Removing the cannot be special summoned by other way, and it his still meant that, his not problem solving text. When a new errata it should include problem solving text.

s.nickid

Post #4 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:11 pm

@Zaziuma: If what you said his truth, this will cause new player to be confused, and increase the tourcher that dueling book have already, they will be alot more argument over if it can be special summoned from the graveyard after being summoned properly. I seriously dought that konami TCG his going to go backward with the problem saving text, and if your right konami went backwords with the problem solving text.

s.nickid

Post #5 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm

@Zaziuma: I just found the prove in Yugioh wikia in the Nomi section, that your correct, but that can be confusing to new player, if some text does not have the problem solving text, and said cannot be normal summoned or set it can only be special summoned. They can easilly confused it as a Nomi.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #6 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:34 pm

It's not confusing if you invest your time to learn PSCT.

Also you do not need to spam 3 times you can easily edit your response to include added details.
Seeing you ask for proof, over your own confusion and someone taking the time to answer you, and having you react that way without researching first looks bad, I suggest finding resources and/or making the attempt yourself, before asking other players to provide said resources to you. We are not your slaves, so take some initiative on yourself, when you decide to decipher what meaning goes behind editing text; If you do that, you do not look like a charleton that is talking out off their butt.

What they said is correct, the reasoning being that Konami is doing stupid things to cut down on text, and some cards they even make up text for regarding making a pun (See ANY "Fur Hire" monster) and you will see it says "Monster (Fur Hire)" instead of "(Fur Hire) Monster".

Please do not presume to know what you are talking about without at least some research done on your own part. I really dislike adding people to my Foes List but that's why I do it.

Further their answer is correct, I have 100% confidence, and I am a Retired Konami Judge RC1-PC1 with 2 YCS Toronto and Multiple Regional Toronto and Oshawa under my belt, corrected head judges, and I even spoke out about a false judgment regarding mechanics during a judge meeting at a regional (the one where qli dominated) because they were going to rule that under placement negation and being sent to banished via macro cosmos etc, that they would go to the extra deck face-up. So if that isn't enough for you, I suggest joining the discord channel for the site, and asking in the ruling chat, as a Judge often replies there more often than on the forum.

s.nickid

Post #7 by s.nickid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:07 pm

@Blank: It was a while since I did not come to dueling book so I was unaware that the text of card change again, to place more room for long effect, and I don't remember why I did not edit, maybe I missclick and I did not want to go back and click edit, I'm sorry if that bothers people. Where in my text, that I ever treated you as a slave, that his one of the reason that I stop playing Dueling book, because every time I want to enjoy myself in Traditional Format, it his always someone that troll, or someone else that assume that I'm trolling. You start to insult me for everything that I have not done yet. If we play yugioh and we have a rulling argument that as nothing to do with Nomi monster, it his clear that I know that now, how they are written. Do you think I'm going to trust someone that his correct with other rulling if after I already apologize for my mistake, the only thing you can think of his to insult me, and claim that I treat you as a slave. The answer would be no. Edit: And plus you don't even know the definition of spamming. Definition of Spamming: same person repeat the same word, or phrase, into one post, or multiple post. I never repeated the same phrase, and if the same phrase got posted twice, I did not do on purpose to do that, it must have double click on post by acident

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #8 by __Blank__ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Then stop telling people they are wrong when you admit to "not knowing about insert". You are wrong, bottom line.
I assume you are trolling because you ask a Ruling Question / Get the Answer / and then tell them "you are wrong because the text changed that means it alters how the card works", when really it doesn't as shortening text flavor is also a variable in the game, one that is known through the Thunder Dragon Archtype (Colossus and Titan) and we already know they cannot be targeted by ThunderDragon Hawk even if successful with such online resources (That if oneself looked up, instead of shooting their mouth) would have realized, and we would not even hit this point. You want to talk about being talked to "like a slave", I talked "down to you" and with very good reason, considering your lack of respect to Zaziuma calling them a Liar:

If your not sure don't reply with an answer, unless you have valid proof from konami, the ruling in yugioh wikia about this are invalid because they did not account the new text change for both OCG and TCG, the will probebly updated it when they move to fandom.com . Removing the cannot be special summoned by other way, and it his still meant that, his not problem solving text. When a new errata it should include problem solving text.

I am not trolling, far from it. I am posting from my own personal experience of PSCT, and Zaziuma knows more on PSCT than I do, so I expect some respect from the people who help you, instead of this childish bullshit, thanks!

If no one corrects them, and many view it, odds are (logically) the answer is correct, so why should anyone else respond? Also why should anyone else respond CONSIDERING the lack of respect for those who have answered YOU? You make it about you, so seriously drop the act, no one cares how emotional you get, especially when you are in the wrong.

Spamming is shitposting. For instance you could have posted 1 reply, then edit it later on, instead you reply back repeatedly to yourself. Your later posts are thus, spam, because they were unnecessary, but you feel this compulsive need to be right. You keep failing to correct people, and you shouldn't feel that need (because they are right).
On the spam in slightly more TL DR Detail since I don't give a shit for excuses:

7:04
7:11
7:29

All these in the same day before Zaziuma has a chance to respond, and you think this is NOT spam?

Smell ya Later, because you clearly stink of BS

Edit: Also where did I treat you "like a slave" in my responses? I backread them ALL and no where did I act condescending towards you, other than stating "This is why I add people to my (foes list)" which is this forum's "Ignore" Feature. If telling you I will block you offended you, then I really do not understand what about that offended you. I suggest you take your own advice perhaps and stop treating Zaziuma like they do not know what they are talking about.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”