Minerva and Appropriate

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
RaidingPig

Minerva and Appropriate

Post #1 by RaidingPig » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am

So basically I was playing a duel the other day, and I activated Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn's effect. My opponent said "ok". I then milled 3 cards, including a Lightsworn monster, so I proceeded to draw 1 card. My opponent said "chain to draw" and activated Appropriate.
He can't activate a card while another effect is resolving, right?
The Pig Prevails upon this day

Zaziuma

Post #2 by Zaziuma » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:54 am

Well no, but he is technically able to activate the card in this situation, but saying he is Chaining to the draw was him using incorrect wording. Rather, he activates the card after the Chain resolved, which is the timing Appropriate can be activated. It's an odd card, since at that point, he actually isn't even able to draw anything from it, that is only its activation condition, only new triggers would allow him to draw.
All my custom cards are available on Duel Portal. It's like Dueling Book, but for custom cards! Check it out: https://duel-portal.com/

RaidingPig

Post #3 by RaidingPig » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:21 am

Yeah that guy chained another appropriate and tried to draw 4
That's why I was kinda confused. Thank you for explaining it to me...
The Pig Prevails upon this day

Zaziuma

Post #4 by Zaziuma » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:52 am

Well, then he's a cheating bastard.
All my custom cards are available on Duel Portal. It's like Dueling Book, but for custom cards! Check it out: https://duel-portal.com/

Return to “Rulings Q&A”