PSY-Framelord Omega Ruling Questions

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
RaidingPig

PSY-Framelord Omega Ruling Questions

Post #1 by RaidingPig » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 pm

This card is unique in many ways, and well, I had some questions that are yet to be answered...

Scenario A:
In Player 2's Main Phase 1, Player 1 uses PSY-Framelord Omega's first effect and banishes Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn from his opponent's hand until his next SP.
Player 2 then activates D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation from his hand, targeting Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn.

Will PSY - Framelord Omega return to the field during Player 1's next SP?

Scenario B:
In Player 2's Main Phase 1, Player 1 uses PSY-Framelord Omega's first effect and banishes Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn from his opponent's hand until his next SP.
Player 2 then activates Burial from a Different Dimension from his hand, targeting PSY-Framelord Omega and nothing else.

Will Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn return to Player 2's hand during Player 1's next SP?

Scenario C:
In his own Main Phase 1, Player 1 uses PSY-Framelord Omega's first effect and banishes Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn from his opponent's hand until his next SP.
During his remaining turn, Player 1 summons 5 more monsters in his Main Monster Zones before ending his turn.

Supposing that no changes occur in the number of monsters on Player 1's side of the field, will PSY-Framelord Omega return to the field during Player 1's next SP in the extra monster zone? And, if not, will Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn return to Player 2's hand during Player 1's next SP?

Scenario D:
During his Main Phase 1, Player 1 activates PSY-Framelord Omega's effect to banish a random card from his opponent's hand.
Is there a standard procedure on how to target the (note)*RANDOMLY* chosen card? (seriously am I the only one who finds it annoying to roll a die instead of targeting one (note)*BY CLICKING ON IT* after having your opponent shuffle his hand?)

Also, supposing all these scenarios had PSY-Framelord Zeta activating his effect and not PSY-Framelord Omega, do all the rulings remain the same? (rhetorical question)
The Pig Prevails upon this day

Vennominaga

Post #2 by Vennominaga » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:12 pm

A/B. Yes, omega will return. Omega and card which is banished will return as much as possible to hand/field. If some of them changes location, it is treated as another card so it won't return but other returns normally.

C. Omega cannot return and it will attempt to return and because it has nowhere to go, it will be sent to gy by game mechanics. Card banished from hand will return to hand, normally.

D. Card in hand is chosen at random so it's best to use something like dice. You can technically shuffle hand and let opponent pick 1 but rice roll is definitely better option.

Shugunou

Post #3 by Shugunou » Sun May 10, 2020 1:53 pm

I have a question. What would happen if macro cosmos or dimensional fissure was active when Omega was sent in scenario C.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #4 by Ir0n » Fri May 15, 2020 11:57 am

Shugunou wrote:I have a question. What would happen if macro cosmos or dimensional fissure was active when Omega was sent in scenario C.

I imagine it would still go to GY, as would be the case when activating Burial from a different Dimension under Macrocosmos, since "returning" to GY still works, but I can't guarantee that. I would certainly ask a judge for an actual ruling regarding this.

Unorthodoxical-Princ

Post #5 by Unorthodoxical-Princ » Sat May 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Cards cannot be sent from the banished to the Graveyard; they are returned. They will just go to the Graveyard.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”