Tributing to set a level 3 monster?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
thegingerbeardman

Tributing to set a level 3 monster?

Post #1 by thegingerbeardman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 am

My opponent has 4 tokens and Ljosalf of the Nordic Alfar on the field, he tributes 2 of them to set Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts (which is level 3)... is this a legal move?

Hyde

Post #2 by Hyde » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 am

If your opponent has not done anything with these tokens that warrants their removal (such as materials for a summon, cost for an effect, removed by an effect, etc.) and has removed them simply to make room to summon Tanngnjostr then no that is not a legal move. In order for a card or token to be removed from the field there must be a reason as to why it left. This reason must be either a game mechanic, a card effect/cost or used as materials for another summon.

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:11 am

@ Hyde: The only this is legal if he change his nordic beast levels in hand with a card effect to being treated as a lv7 or higher, the other it can be legal if there his an effect that change the rules, that required 2 tributed to normal summoned any level of a monster card. And also you have to see the condition of the token, by reading the card that the token came out off, so it could have been a condition of the token, for example if does specific token monster are still on the field you can only normal summoned by tributing 2 of those token. You lack the information about the token so we cannot be sure.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #4 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Actually we can be sure, as the information given was conclusive, as all the related information is in the topic, and you are looking for a way to boost post count by arguing with past rulings issued. Seriously give it a rest.

The answer is correct, with the information provided, and you just make it more complex with your custom effects.
List me a few cards that alter level in hand to increase it. I can cite 1 to lower it (Cost Down) but I do not see an increase level, further if it did exist, you can find it by looking for level*hand to see a list in the Desc for cards. Citing the unknowns is just something people who do not judge and give out ruling answers do. We do not assume outside effects are at play either.

Seriously, there are better ways to spam s.nickid

Return to “Rulings Q&A”