Can you use book of moon on a face up effect and flip them again on the same turn?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Amadesus

Can you use book of moon on a face up effect and flip them again on the same turn?

Post #1 by Amadesus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:45 pm

I have a bug deck and i am using needle worm. I was wondering when i flip the card face up and use his eff, can i be able to use book of moon and flip him face down and reflip him again on the same turn? I just want to be sure if this is correct or an illegal play. :?

Twisted Soul

Post #2 by Twisted Soul » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:06 pm

If the monster was flip summoned that turn and you later set it back with book of moon you cannot manually attempt to flip summon it in the same turn.
Until we meet again.

TragiiK

Post #3 by TragiiK » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 pm

You can flip summon that monster later during your main phase 1/2 if:
1. It was not summoned that turn
2. It did not [Declare] an attack that turn
3. You did not already manually change it's Battle Position already that turn

For your question... If you set needle worm that turn, used book of taiyou, then book of moon, you still cannot flip summon it as it was set that turn. If it was set during a previous turn, you can manually flip summon it/taiyou (I guess you would have just drawn it), then use book of moon, and finally flip it face-up with whichever method you didn't use yet.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”