Will Rhongo survive Herald of the Abyss?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
james123
Mood:

Will Rhongo survive Herald of the Abyss?

Post #1 by james123 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:59 pm

This thought flew through my mind

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:29 pm

Can I send "Testament of the Arcane Lords" by activating "Tokusano Shinkyojin" to draw 2 more cards from my Main Deck?

Cromat

Post #3 by Cromat » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:22 pm

james123 wrote:This thought flew through my mind

I found a reddit bla bla.. But only 1 comment posted related subject, it says you can (by saying: "It affects player not that card so you can." by defending that idea) but, like I said only 1 comment, so not important and needs to be comfirmed by someone who knows ruling issues.

So, I found this; https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#21242

But that one has been retracted also. So again, you will have to wait for a Head Judge, to find the (correct) answer of your question one day, and come here years later, and write the correct answer to your question here.

What are you talking about dude, just give me the answer.
If there is no else (declared) valid Monster Type and Attribute except "Number 86: Heroic Champion - Rhongomyniad" when your opponent activated that "Herald of the Abyss", you would have to send that (face-up) XYZ Monster from your field.

Note: If I am wrong, immediately spawn here and fix me.

james123
Mood:

Post #4 by james123 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:35 am

Cromat wrote:
james123 wrote:This thought flew through my mind

I found a reddit bla bla.. But only 1 comment posted related subject, it says you can (by saying: "It affects player not that card so you can." by defending that idea) but, like I said only 1 comment, so not important and needs to be comfirmed by someone who knows ruling issues.

So, I found this; https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#21242

But that one has been retracted also. So again, you will have to wait for a Head Judge, to find the (correct) answer of your question one day, and come here years later, and write the correct answer to your question here.

What are you talking about dude, just give me the answer.
If there is no else (declared) valid Monster Type and Attribute except "Number 86: Heroic Champion - Rhongomyniad" when your opponent activated that "Herald of the Abyss", you would have to send that (face-up) XYZ Monster from your field.

Note: If I am wrong, immediately spawn here and fix me.

Welp, Myth Confirmed.

Kitty Trouble

Post #5 by Kitty Trouble » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:09 am

Herald of the Abyss doesn't affect monsters, so it'll send number 86 just fine.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”