Negating the activation and destroying in the face-up extra deck

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Negating the activation and destroying in the face-up extra deck

Post #1 by s.nickid » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:21 pm

I only want to know if this is correct interaction because this happen in yugioh master duel. Guiding Ariadne pendulum monster got destrroy by battle and got send to the face-up extra deck, Ariadne pendulum monster I click yes to activated the effect my opponent chain a monster in hand that negated the activation of monster effect and also destroy the monster that it negated the activation. In Yugioh master duel when it negated the activation and destroy the card, it still destroy Guiding Ariadne from the face-up extra deck. I really thought that pendulum monster in the face-up extra deck cannot be destroy, because it would be like destroying in the graveyard. I just want to know if that was correct interaction, or a difference between OCG and TCG? I would prefer a duelingbook judge to answer this.

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:51 pm

If a Pendulum Monster Card (even if face-down) would be sent from the field to the Graveyard (either as a Monster Card or Spell Card), it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead. So, your "Guiding Ariadne" that when it is destroyed by battle or card effect, its Trigger Effect will be triggered at the Extra Deck, you'll declare its effect, since your opponent negated that effect, you will not reveal 3 Counter Traps from your Main Deck. Understood me? Or just ignore me just because I am noob, and wait Judges' arrives and give response to you (as forever).

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:57 pm

@Cromat: Your answer does not answer my question. Your answer as nothing to do with my question because all that you answer is something that I already know.

Cromat

Post #4 by Cromat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:07 pm

This means you are asking question(s) to which you already know the answer, or it means I don't understand the question that you've asked because I am stupid. Maybe you should pause the Forum and call a Judge for cheating; because I didn't give you the answer(/response) you wanted.

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:18 pm

s.nickid wrote:I only want to know if this is correct interaction because this happen in yugioh master duel. Guiding Ariadne pendulum monster got destrroy by battle and got send to the face-up extra deck, Ariadne pendulum monster I click yes to activated the effect my opponent chain a monster in hand that negated the activation of monster effect and also destroy the monster that it negated the activation. In Yugioh master duel when it negated the activation and destroy the card, it still destroy Guiding Ariadne from the face-up extra deck. I really thought that pendulum monster in the face-up extra deck cannot be destroy, because it would be like destroying in the graveyard. I just want to know if that was correct interaction, or a difference between OCG and TCG? I would prefer a duelingbook judge to answer this.

This is correct. Some monsters have effects that activate even while face-up in the extra deck, and cards such as Solemn Strike can still chain to them, negate their activation, and destroy those face-up extra deck cards so they then go from the extra deck to the graveyard.

At the moment, the only times a card can never be destroyed is if it's in banishment, already in the graveyard, or attached to a card as xyz material.

Cromat

Post #6 by Cromat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:42 pm

So now, are you saying that; if "Guiding Ariadne" destroyed by battle and placed to Extra Deck as face-up, and when you declared its Trigger Effect while it at in Extra Deck, when your opponent responded it with their "Baronne de Fleur" and/or "Solemn Strike", our "Guiding Ariadne" will taken from Extra Deck will be placed to the GY, face-up?

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm

Cromat wrote:So now, are you saying that; if "Guiding Ariadne" destroyed by battle and placed to Extra Deck as face-up, and when you declared its Trigger Effect while it at in Extra Deck, when your opponent responded it with their "Baronne de Fleur" and/or "Solemn Strike", our "Guiding Ariadne" will taken from Extra Deck will be placed to the GY, face-up?

Yes. Cards on the field, hand, deck, and extra deck can be destroyed. If a pendulum is destroyed on the field, it goes to the extra deck face-up. If a face-up pendulum is destroyed in the extra deck, it goes to the graveyard.

MarshieDemon

Post #8 by MarshieDemon » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:10 am

s.nickid wrote:I only want to know if this is correct interaction because this happen in yugioh master duel. Guiding Ariadne pendulum monster got destrroy by battle and got send to the face-up extra deck, Ariadne pendulum monster I click yes to activated the effect my opponent chain a monster in hand that negated the activation of monster effect and also destroy the monster that it negated the activation. In Yugioh master duel when it negated the activation and destroy the card, it still destroy Guiding Ariadne from the face-up extra deck. I really thought that pendulum monster in the face-up extra deck cannot be destroy, because it would be like destroying in the graveyard. I just want to know if that was correct interaction, or a difference between OCG and TCG? I would prefer a duelingbook judge to answer this.

To answer the original question:

Destroying a card in the Extra Deck is not like destroying a card in the GY. A Pendulum Monster that gets destroyed in the Extra Deck is sent to the GY.

Here's the database source: https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#17534

Head Administrator

Return to “Rulings Q&A”