Ruling question in related to summon action

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
DanielZFLiu

Ruling question in related to summon action

Post #1 by DanielZFLiu » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:15 am

Hey judge, here’s my account of what happened in a game:
In g1, I tried to link summon, but after sending two of my monsters to the grave and looking at my extra, I noticed I didn’t want to summon with these 2 materials. My opponent asked me what I’m doing, I told him the wrong thing, which is “I didn’t have any legal target”. Then realizing I have the legal targets, I told him in correction that “I sent the wrong materials”. I never announced the summon target nor actually summoned a monster to board from the extra deck. In game 2, now, my opponent looked at my extra deck (because of kashtira unicorn) and told me that since I have legal targets, I was lying and cheating. I did lie, though not intentionally, and quickly corrected; though I have doubts about whether I cheated or not.

I am honestly confused whether this is illegal, as things like this happen in locals a lot; if its illegal, I want to know for sure such that I never commit it again.

Jon-Stark

Post #2 by Jon-Stark » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:40 am

Once you send the materials you are committing to the summon, you don't get take backs. Also misrepresenting the gamestate by saying you had no legal summon is 100% illegal and is considered cheating. You cant lie to gain advantage or to cover up your mistakes cause it would be less optimal for you. This is pretty cut and dry case of you making a misplay and playing the victim.

DanielZFLiu

Post #3 by DanielZFLiu » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:59 am

Thanks, I will never commit such misplays again.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:28 am

DanielZFLiu wrote:Thanks, I will never commit such misplays again.

just to add on to this cards do not move unless a play has been decided and is being made.
For extra deck summons you select what ur summoning then send the materials. So this idea of sending the materials and not knowing what to summon will never exist.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Rulings Q&A”