Goat Format Nobleman of Crossout

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
m2ty
Mood:

Goat Format Nobleman of Crossout

Post #1 by m2ty » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:02 pm

after banishing the face down monster and all copies from both decks is it allowed for looking at each other decks to confirm?

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:54 pm

Yes, unless you're running 3 and all 3 are banished, then there'd be no need.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Kitty Trouble

Post #3 by Kitty Trouble » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:15 pm

On dueling book, hands/decks are not revealed for verification purposes in any format. Mind Crush will not reveal in any format and Nobleman won't reveal in Goat/Edison.

viewtopic.php?f=49&p=100146#p100146
Last edited by Kitty Trouble on Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:26 am

Kitty Trouble wrote:On dueling book, hands/decks are not revealed for verification purposes in any format. Nobleman or Mind Crush will not reveal in any format.

I thought Nobleman only didn't reveal in goat format. Why are you extending this to all formats including TCG Advanced even though it literally says to reveal.

Also, will this extended to unrated duels as well, such as customs?

I can understand ruling that players don't reveal the hand for Mind Crush since that card doesn't mention anywhere on its text that any sort of revealing must occur; but Nobleman of Crossout says on its text to reveal, so players should follow the instructions on that card's text, at least in advanced format.

Does this mean we also won't reveal spells/traps excavated off effects like Cyber Jar, reveal the hand for stuff like The Forceful Checkpoint and D.D. Designator, or reveal the extra deck for stuff like Tri-and-Guess and Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries?

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:25 am

Christen57 wrote:
Kitty Trouble wrote:On dueling book, hands/decks are not revealed for verification purposes in any format. Nobleman or Mind Crush will not reveal in any format.

I thought Nobleman only didn't reveal in goat format. Why are you extending this to all formats including TCG Advanced even though it literally says to reveal.

NoC got that errata in 2012, I guess they thought Konami would never add that. I think they just wanted it to play like it used to with their new rules
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:50 am

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

NoC got that errata in 2012, I guess they thought Konami would never add that. I think they just wanted it to play like it used to with their new rules

Oh. I wasn't aware Nobleman of Crossout's original effect never included revealing the deck.

In that case, it makes sense Nobleman of Crossout wouldn't reveal the deck in duelingbook's goat format, because back then, it still had the original effect where players simply check their own decks for any extra copies of the flip monster without showing their opponents those decks.

Still, shouldn't TCG Advanced be following the latest errata of the card which includes revealing the deck?

Also, when you say "they thought Konami would never add that," who is "they" and what is "that"?

Kitty Trouble

Post #7 by Kitty Trouble » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:09 pm

To my understanding, the deck would still be revealed in advanced, but this will never come up, since nobody uses nobleman in advanced. If I had to rule on it, I'd have the players reveal. What we're not doing, is having players reveal their entire hands/decks for verification, unless the card says to.

Goat/Edison don't have the text to reveal decks, even though the format-appropriate erratas may not be showing in goat/edison duels. That is despite rulings on the cards saying that they had to be revealed. I probably mistyped when I said nobleman in any format, but the question was about goat/edison.
Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Oh. I wasn't aware Nobleman of Crossout's original effect never included revealing the deck.

In that case, it makes sense Nobleman of Crossout wouldn't reveal the deck in duelingbook's goat format, because back then, it still had the original effect where players simply check their own decks for any extra copies of the flip monster without showing their opponents those decks.

Still, shouldn't TCG Advanced be following the latest errata of the card which includes revealing the deck?

Also, when you say "they thought Konami would never add that," who is "they" and what is "that"?

Cameron Saunders

Post #8 by Cameron Saunders » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:37 pm

Nobleman of Crossout did not receive text explicitly stating the deck is revealed until its Duelist League 11 printing, which came after both Goat and Edison Format. Prior to that printing, the deck was revealed for verification based on rulings only, which DB has taken the policy to ignore for the sake of platform's restrictions. In any format after Duelist League 11 was released, including Advanced, Nobleman of Crossout will still reveal the decks, as it says to look. I'll be updating the verification topic to include this caveat.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”