Anima and Nib Token

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Flamingpuhonex

Anima and Nib Token

Post #1 by Flamingpuhonex » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:19 am

So If I Nibiru my opponent and then the next turn make an anima to then equip the token, does the anima gain the attack of the token or no?

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:32 am

Flamingpuhonex wrote:So If I Nibiru my opponent and then the next turn make an anima to then equip the token, does the anima gain the attack of the token or no?

No, the token is a ? ATK monster, so while equipped it has no ATK. I'm pretty sure it would get ATK if it equipped say, an Adventurer Token which has 2000 original ATK.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #3 by Cromat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:59 pm

Why, that Link Monster does not say as "This card gains ATK equal to that equipped monster's original ATK.". It says as "This card gains ATK equal to that equipped monster's.". Which means (and also as I believe) that if the Token has any ATK points, that Link Monster will also gain the same amount of ATK points as that Token has. greg503, you've just copied/pasted that sentence; just because you've found that from reddit's somewhere.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:52 pm

The monster will gain 0 atk if it equips a nibiru token specifically because the nibiru token has ? ATK. All things that modifiy its ATK will become irrelevant if it is no longer a monster, and is instead an equip spell. It doesnt matter whether it itself is giving it that ATK (like gren maju) or whether some other effect is (in the case of nibiru).
It also doesnt matter that anima states "ATK" instead of "original ATK". Things that modify somethings ATK do not continue modifying it after they have been treated as an equip spell
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #5 by Cromat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:09 pm

So according to you, that Token's considering as an Equip Spell since equipped to that Link Monster, and Equip Spells have no any ATK or DEF points, therefore that Link Monster will gain 0 ATK by that Token. Am I understand your perspective correctly? If so, where is your source about that subject?

Jon-Stark

Post #6 by Jon-Stark » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:55 am

Anima uses the ATK printed on the card, in this case ??? , which is always quantified as 0 .

Return to “Rulings Q&A”