Inherent summons under an effect (miragestalio specifically) that doesnt allow activations.

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
WhiteShadowX360

Inherent summons under an effect (miragestalio specifically) that doesnt allow activations.

Post #1 by WhiteShadowX360 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:51 am

I'm trying Salamangreat Horus right now and I don't know how this ruling would work. Can I use the inherent summons of the Horus monsters in grave under Salamangreat Miragestalio's effect to lock you into only activating fire effects for the rest of the turn? I've tried to look up ruling guides for something like this but I couldn't find anything.

Volstgalph

Post #2 by Volstgalph » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:15 am

Yes, the effects in grave don't activate

sentinelsean

Post #3 by sentinelsean » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:00 am

"You can detach 1 material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Salamangreat" monster from your Deck in Defense Position, also you cannot activate monster effects for the rest of this turn, except FIRE monsters."
"you cannot activate monster effects for the rest of this turn, except FIRE monster" this is the key point
to activate a monster effect is really easy to solve you look to see if the monster has a colon and/or a semicolon '';" and/or ";". if it contains neither of these for monster effects we know it does not activate. the card text without these is either a non activated effect or some kind of condition but thats a whole other thing.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”