How would this play out?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.

How would this play out?

Post #1 by AvatarTrev » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:16 am

This may have an obvious answer but it was an interesting interaction i had recently. I had Number C62: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon with the regular galaxy eyes as an attachment, making it unaffected by opponents monster effects. If it attacks into a Number 105: Battlin Boxer Star Cestus, which then activates its effect, how does the battle play out? I would still take the damage correct?

Number 105's effect for reference.-Once per Chain, during the Battle Step, if your "Battlin' Boxer" monster battles an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 material from this card; negate the effects of the opponent's monster while it is face-up until the end of the turn, that monster you control cannot be destroyed by that battle, also your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from that battle.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:25 pm

I would still take the damage correct?

Yes. The part of 105's effect, that redirects damage to you, affects you, not your monster.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”