Will Duelingbook follow this recent OCG ruling change regarding flip summon negation(s)? What about the TCG in general?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Christen57

Will Duelingbook follow this recent OCG ruling change regarding flip summon negation(s)? What about the TCG in general?

Post #1 by Christen57 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:33 pm

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-10-2-2023-rulings-rule-change-on-flip-and-gemini-monster-summons/

[OCG] 10/2/2023 Rulings (Rule Change on Flip and Gemini monster Summons)

Summary of changes:

• On a Chain where a Set monster is being Flip Summoned, or if a Gemini monster is being Normal Summoned a second time, that monster that would be Summoned is already considered to be face-up in the Monster Zone. Previously, these monsters would not be considered to be on the field during this window.
  • This change does NOT apply to a regular Normal Summon, or a Special Summon.
  • Monsters being Summoned in this scenario can be targeted by effects that target face-up monsters on the field, and are also treated as being face-up on the field for the purpose of other effects.
  • However, the effects of an Effect Monster being Flip Summoned cannot be activated or applied yet.
  • A Pendulum Monster whose Flip Summon is negated will be added to the face-up Extra Deck.
  • A Special Summon-only monster whose Flip Summon is negated will still be considered properly Summoned.
  • If a monster is no longer face-up on the field when the effect that negates the Summon resolves, that effect is not applied.
  • A monster being Flip Summoned can be protected against being destroyed by the effect that negates its Summon, but if the Summon is negated, the monster is still sent to the GY. (It is not considered to be leaving the field due to any particular player’s card effect.)

“If I only control 1 monster that is in face-down Defense Position, can I activate Champion’s Vigilance in response to my opponent’s Solemn Judgment when I Flip Summon that monster?”
Q: The only monster I control is a face-down Defense Position Rabidragon. If I try to Flip Summon that Rabidragon, but my opponent activates Solemn Judgment to negate the Flip Summon, can I chain Champion’s Vigilance?
A: Yes, you can. During a Chain in which an effect is activated that would negate a Flip Summon, the monster about to be Flip Summoned is treated as being face-up in the Monster Zone. (However, if it is an Effect Monster, its effects cannot be activated or applied yet.) Therefore, when chaining to the activation of Solemn Judgment, the condition of controlling a Level 7 or higher Normal Monster for activating Champion’s Vigilance is met.

sentinelsean

Post #2 by sentinelsean » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:02 am

going by what every other ruling on DB has followed, they will go by the OCG database unless there is an actual TCG or text difference with the card. they are following the chain change control and on summon trigger effect change despite TCG's current lack of change to it as well.

Kitty Trouble

Post #3 by Kitty Trouble » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:26 am

Not on Dueling Book as of now.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”