Why do even our head judges not know this Triple Tactics Talent ruling? Also, what ruling here will Duelingbook follow?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Ir0n
Mood:

Re: Why do even our head judges not know this Triple Tactics Talent ruling? Also, what ruling here will Duelingbook foll

Post #21 by Ir0n » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Jon-Stark wrote:Ruling has officially been updated in the database and been REVERSED!! https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#24016

Literally what Marshie said ;)

Kitty Trouble

Post #22 by Kitty Trouble » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=49&p=101806#p101806 <- TCG is not ruling with this, so this is what we're going with for on-summon effects.

Christen57

Post #23 by Christen57 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:19 pm

Kitty Trouble wrote:viewtopic.php?f=49&p=101806#p101806 <- TCG is not ruling with this, so this is what we're going with for on-summon effects.

What about situations surrounding a trigger that isn't specifically in response to the monster's "own summon," such as Player 1's Natasha taking control of Player 2's Chengying? Will the ruling be the same in Duelingbook TCG, where Player 2 in this case would get to activate the effect of the Chengying that is now on Player 1's field, while in the OCG the player who would get to activate that Chengying's effect would instead be Player 1?

greg503

Post #24 by greg503 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:44 am

Christen57 wrote:
Kitty Trouble wrote:viewtopic.php?f=49&p=101806#p101806 <- TCG is not ruling with this, so this is what we're going with for on-summon effects.

What about situations surrounding a trigger that isn't specifically in response to the monster's "own summon," such as Player 1's Natasha taking control of Player 2's Chengying? Will the ruling be the same in Duelingbook TCG, where Player 2 in this case would get to activate the effect of the Chengying that is now on Player 1's field, while in the OCG the player who would get to activate that Chengying's effect would instead be Player 1?

For that, it would always be the current controller who can trigger Chengying. Since it isn't player specific, any banish could trigger it, and at the next end of chain, it could be triggered.
Buy Floowandereeze

Kitty Trouble

Post #25 by Kitty Trouble » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:52 am

Christen57 wrote:

Same as it was, new controller gets it. Specifically, on summon effects are ruled differently.

Christen57

Post #26 by Christen57 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:17 pm

Kitty Trouble wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Same as it was, new controller gets it. Specifically, on summon effects are ruled differently.

What about on-summon effects that occur in respond to not the monster's own summon but rather a separate monster's summon. For example if I control 3 monsters, one being Batteryman Solar, the second being I:P Masquerena, and the third being another monster; my opponent activates Triple Tactics Talent choosing to take control of a monster; and I chain Masquerena's effect to link summon a thunder monster, then Talent resolves taking control of Batteryman Solar, which of us will receive the Batteryman Token?

Batteryman Solar's effect:
If a Thunder monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned while this monster is on the field: Special Summon 1 "Batteryman Token" (Thunder/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

Similarly, what if, instead of controlling Batteryman Solar, I controlled a Donpa, Marksman Fur Hire, and did the same thing with Masquerena, but this time link summoning a monster Fur Hire. When Talent resolves taking control of the Donpa, who gets to activate its effect? Me or my opponent?

Donpa, Marksman Fur Hire:
If a monster "Fur Hire" is Special Summoned to your field while you control this monster (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.

greg503

Post #27 by greg503 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:24 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Kitty Trouble wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

What about on-summon effects that occur in respond to not the monster's own summon but rather a separate monster's summon. For example if I control 3 monsters, one being Batteryman Solar, the second being I:P Masquerena, and the third being another monster; my opponent activates Triple Tactics Talent choosing to take control of a monster; and I chain Masquerena's effect to link summon a thunder monster, then Talent resolves taking control of Batteryman Solar, which of us will receive the Batteryman Token?

Batteryman Solar's effect:
If a Thunder monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned while this monster is on the field: Special Summon 1 "Batteryman Token" (Thunder/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

Similarly, what if, instead of controlling Batteryman Solar, I controlled a Donpa, Marksman Fur Hire, and did the same thing with Masquerena, but this time link summoning a monster Fur Hire. When Talent resolves taking control of the Donpa, who gets to activate its effect? Me or my opponent?

Donpa, Marksman Fur Hire:
If a monster "Fur Hire" is Special Summoned to your field while you control this monster (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.

The opponent would trigger Solar, since its condition was met and doesn't care about control. Donpa, meanwhile, cares about its controller, its condition was not met on the field of its current controller so it presumably wouldn't trigger at all
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Rulings Q&A”