Blaze Cannon

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Blaze Cannon

Post #1 by s.nickid » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:42 pm

Blaze cannon says. This card activation and effect cannot be negated. Does that mean that infinite impermance can negated Blaze cannon. Since infinit impermance while set, and it activated targeting an opponent effect monster, it negated spell and trap card on the same Colum. So If I activated blaze cannon on the same colum would it be negated by impermance? Just to make sure I get the correct rulling, a dueling book judge can tell me.

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:34 pm

First of all, it's a great question, congratulations. This falls into the Effect vs Condition class. Conditions are cannot be negated because they are not part of card effect(s) (but part of card text). I have solved to issue by myself, you all can leave now (and even I am not a Judge).

"This card's activation and effect cannot be negated." is a Condition sentence.
"Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; negate its effects (until the end of this turn), then, if this card was Set before activation and is on the field at resolution, for the rest of this turn all other Spell/Trap effects in this column are negated." is an Effect sentence.

King_Kai

Post #3 by King_Kai » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:40 am

Yes, it will be negated as its activating in a column thats already negated. you just cannot chain to it and negate it. lt be the same thing iif Royal Decree was up. lt wont resolve.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:56 am

s.nickid wrote:Blaze cannon says. This card activation and effect cannot be negated. Does that mean that infinite impermance can negated Blaze cannon. Since infinit impermance while set, and it activated targeting an opponent effect monster, it negated spell and trap card on the same Colum. So If I activated blaze cannon on the same colum would it be negated by impermance? Just to make sure I get the correct rulling, a dueling book judge can tell me.

This is why The Breaking Ruin God says "The activation of this card, or its effects, cannot be negated, nor can its effects be negated." So it can work under anything.
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #5 by Cromat » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:45 am

King_Kai wrote:Yes, it will be negated as its activating in a column thats already negated. you just cannot chain to it and negate it. lt be the same thing iif Royal Decree was up. lt wont resolve.

Your sentences contain incorrect informations. Unlike card effects, conditions cannot be negated.

For example;
When Player A tributes their "The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode" and Special Summons from their respective hand of "The Winged Dragon of Ra"; after its successful Summoning, activates "Blaze Cannon" while if there is a Set "Infinite Impermanence" of that Quick-Play Spell's opposite column, and Player B activates that Normal Trap Card by targeting just Summoned Divine-Beast-Type monster: "Infinite Impermanence" cannot negate effects of activated "Blaze Cannon", because "This card's activation and effect cannot be negated." sentence from "Blaze Cannon" is a Condition sentence, and Conditions are cannot be negated.

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:25 am

Cromat wrote:
King_Kai wrote:Yes, it will be negated as its activating in a column thats already negated. you just cannot chain to it and negate it. lt be the same thing iif Royal Decree was up. lt wont resolve.

Your sentences contain incorrect informations. Unlike card effects, conditions cannot be negated.

For example;
When Player A tributes their "The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode" and Special Summons from their respective hand of "The Winged Dragon of Ra"; after its successful Summoning, activates "Blaze Cannon" while if there is a Set "Infinite Impermanence" of that Quick-Play Spell's opposite column, and Player B activates that Normal Trap Card by targeting just Summoned Divine-Beast-Type monster: "Infinite Impermanence" cannot negate effects of activated "Blaze Cannon", because "This card's activation and effect cannot be negated." sentence from "Blaze Cannon" is a Condition sentence, and Conditions are cannot be negated.

Fun fact, "This card's activation and effect cannot be negated" only applies to things that negate THE ACTIVATION, which is why The Breaking Ruin God adds "nor can its effects be negated."
Buy Floowandereeze

Cromat

Post #7 by Cromat » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:34 am

"The activation of this card, or its effects, cannot be negated, nor can its effects be negated." from "The Breaking Ruin God" is a Condition sentence still. Conditions are cannot be negated.

Cromat

Post #8 by Cromat » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:46 am

If you 2 are certainly sure about that Normal Trap Card negates that Quick-Play Spell Card, show me the source.

s.nickid

Post #9 by s.nickid » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:58 am

Maybe you all miss understand my question. I am well aware already that condition of card cannot be negated, and that was not the question I was asking. Blaze cannon as a condition that says: the activation of this card and effect cannot be negated. So I am asking if the effect of Blaze cannon that give effect to the "The wing dragon of ra" will be negated by infinite impermance if I activated blaze cannon on the same Colum as infinite impermance?

Cromat

Post #10 by Cromat » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:31 pm

s.nickid wrote:Maybe you all miss understand my question. I am well aware already that condition of card cannot be negated, and that was not the question I was asking. Blaze cannon as a condition that says: the activation of this card and effect cannot be negated. So I am asking if the effect of Blaze cannon that give effect to the "The wing dragon of ra" will be negated by infinite impermance if I activated blaze cannon on the same Colum as infinite impermance?

No, I understood what you asked but it seemed to me like that you did not read what I wrote or you did not understand what I wrote. Those texts which written by me saying that mentioned Normal Trap Card cannot negated effect of that mentioned Quick-Play Spell's.

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:25 am

s.nickid wrote:Maybe you all miss understand my question. I am well aware already that condition of card cannot be negated, and that was not the question I was asking. Blaze cannon as a condition that says: the activation of this card and effect cannot be negated. So I am asking if the effect of Blaze cannon that give effect to the "The wing dragon of ra" will be negated by infinite impermance if I activated blaze cannon on the same Colum as infinite impermance?

King_Kai wrote:Yes, it will be negated as its activating in a column thats already negated. you just cannot chain to it and negate it. lt be the same thing if [Imperial Order] was up. lt wont resolve.

Your question was in fact answered, though you might have gotten caught up in the fact that they used Royal Decree which negates Traps, not Spells, as you can see, I replaced it with its banned Spell equivalent.
Buy Floowandereeze

Kitty Trouble

Post #12 by Kitty Trouble » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:13 pm

greg503 wrote:
s.nickid wrote:Blaze cannon says. This card activation and effect cannot be negated. Does that mean that infinite impermance can negated Blaze cannon. Since infinit impermance while set, and it activated targeting an opponent effect monster, it negated spell and trap card on the same Colum. So If I activated blaze cannon on the same colum would it be negated by impermance? Just to make sure I get the correct rulling, a dueling book judge can tell me.

This is why The Breaking Ruin God says "The activation of this card, or its effects, cannot be negated, nor can its effects be negated." So it can work under anything.

The additional text is so that the activation of its GY effect can't be negated. Blaze Cannon won't be negated under imperm.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”