Icejade Gymir Aegerine vs Floowandereeze

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Meyendless

Icejade Gymir Aegerine vs Floowandereeze

Post #1 by Meyendless » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:37 pm

I am confused regarding Gymir's reborn effect [If a card(s) is banished by your opponent's card effect, while this card is in your GY (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card.] and if cards that say "banish when leaving the field" trigger it, I am specifically thinking of floo(since it's the matchup where it happens most commonly).

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:26 pm

For example;

When you tributed of "Floowandereeze & Eglen/Toccan/Stri" for Tribute Summon to high Level Winged Beast-Type monster from your hand, while your opponent has an "Icejade Gymir Aegirine" in their GY; they can Special Summon "Icejade Gymir Aegirine" from their GY.

While you've in your GY a "Kashtira Fenrir", and control 1 "Relinquished" in Attack Position with equipped your opponent's "Kashtira Fenrir" which allows your Ritual Monster's ATK increases to 2400. If your opponent also a "Kashtira Fenrir" in their GY, and also if they Normal Summons of "Kashtira Fenrir" while they controls in their Spell & Trap Zone a "Kashtira Birth" as face-up, if they activates their Ignition Effect of "Kashtira Fenrir"; and to that while you're controlling a "Icejade Gymir Aegirine" and if you chains your Synchro Monster's Quick Effect to your opponent's activated Ignition Effect, then; your opponent's "Kashtira Fenrir" which is just Normal Summoned and your opponent's "Kashtira Fenrir" which is in their GY now; will be banished all, but opponent's last "Kashtira Fenrir" which is equipped to your "Relinquished" now will stay on the field. Also that "Kashtira Fenrir" will stay in that GY, too; which is in your GY now.

But if you're asking that if I tribute those Winged Beast-Type monsters while I control "Icejade Gymir Aegirine" and that Synchro Monster's Quick Effect has been activated already, those Winged Beast-Type monsters will be banished when they left from field still, or that Aqua-Type of monster will be pretend them from banishing? Everyone would say; look of "Macro Cosmos" vs "Imperial Iron Wall", but those effects of those Winged Beast-Type monsters are "Unclassified Effect". So, I think those will not be banished according the Trap vs Trap subject.

Also, is there anyone here that they say as those still be banished; while Synchro Monster's effect applied already (which prevent to being banished), because those are "Unclassified Effect"?

Return to “Rulings Q&A”