Vision Hero Increase Ruling

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Djentleman

Vision Hero Increase Ruling

Post #1 by Djentleman » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:21 am

Hello,

I have a ruling question. My opponent has Kashtira Fenrir on the field. I have Vision Hero Faris in the main monster zone and Vision Hero Increase in spell and trap zone. He activates Fenrir effect on the resolution of Faris placing the Increase in spell and trap zone targeting the said Increase . I chain Increase to tribute Faris and special summon itself. Does Increase get banished?

Thank you

Jon-Stark

Post #2 by Jon-Stark » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:03 am

No the increase will NOT be banished. It changes from a continuous trap card into a monster card and is therefore treated as being a different card. Fenrir can no longer banish "it"

BlackOps Kay

Post #3 by BlackOps Kay » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Djentleman wrote:Hello,

I have a ruling question. My opponent has Kashtira Fenrir on the field. I have Vision Hero Faris in the main monster zone and Vision Hero Increase in spell and trap zone. He activates Fenrir effect on the resolution of Faris placing the Increase in spell and trap zone targeting the said Increase . I chain Increase to tribute Faris and special summon itself. Does Increase get banished?

Thank you

This is the official link to your question. Notice that the trap says it's NOT treated as a trap anymore.
https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#17936

Unlike a trap still treated as a trap :
https://db.ygorganization.com/qa#22093

asmcint

Post #4 by asmcint » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:41 am

In this case, Vision HERO Increase will not be banished. While the particular phrasing of Kashtira Fenrir would banish its target even if it ceased to be valid after targeting, when Vision HERO Increase changes card type(Continuous Trap to Effect Monster) it is considered to be a different card than the one targeted by Kashtira Fenrir. As such Kashtira Fenrir will resolve without effect, as its target could be said to no longer exist.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”