Krawler Sweep

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Krawler Sweep

Post #1 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:57 pm

If I trigger a float of any Krawler monster (If this face-up card in its owner's control leaves the field because of an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 2 "Krawler" monsters with different names from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, except "Card name".) and I show my opponent what I am summoning, can I then do a joinky sploinky and shuffle the 2 monsters so that my opponent does not know which is which?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:18 pm

From OCG DB: "When you Special Summon 2 “Crawler” monsters from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, you can tell your opponent about all the monsters to be Special Summoned, but you cannot tell them which monsters have been set in which positions."
So yes
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:19 am

greg503 wrote:From OCG DB: "When you Special Summon 2 “Crawler” monsters from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, you can tell your opponent about all the monsters to be Special Summoned, but you cannot tell them which monsters have been set in which positions."
So yes

Could you cite your source? Because I'm pretty sure you don't get to shuffle cards on the field after you've chosen them to set from the deck unless the effect says so.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:48 am

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:From OCG DB: "When you Special Summon 2 “Crawler” monsters from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, you can tell your opponent about all the monsters to be Special Summoned, but you cannot tell them which monsters have been set in which positions."
So yes

Could you cite your source? Because I'm pretty sure you don't get to shuffle cards on the field after you've chosen them to set from the deck unless the effect says so.

Literally https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=4&cid=13236 and related
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Rulings Q&A”