Resolution of effects in a specific phase

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Shrek4Life

Resolution of effects in a specific phase

Post #1 by Shrek4Life » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:41 am

Only thing in the game I still dont really get is the order of resolution for effects that resolve in a specific phase.
E.g during my opponents end phase they need to resolve book of eclipse, would I be able to use my fast efffects (e.g. heatsoul) before they resolve eclipse, or as turn player can they choose to resolve it as the first thing in the end phase?
Also the classic both players need to resolve dpe in sp, iirc the turn player can pass prio which forces the opponent to resolve their before turn player, is this the case?
Thanks

King_Kai

Post #2 by King_Kai » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:11 pm

Whenever you talk about phase specific effects (such as DPE, Albion, Baronne, Eclipse etc) they have no set timing. They DO NOT have to be the first action of the phase to resolve, and not in any particular order. So you can activate and resolve any number of chains (triggers and/or fast effects) before ever attempting them. The only necessary thing is that you attempt to resolve those actions BEFORE attempting to LEAVE that phase. If both players have phase specific effects in the SAME phase, turn player starts with prio and CAN pass to opponent . But if both players pass, turn player MUST NOW resolve their phase effects , then non turn player, then end the phase/turn

Return to “Rulings Q&A”