S-Force Chase V Pot of Prosperity?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Original_HIV

S-Force Chase V Pot of Prosperity?

Post #1 by Original_HIV » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:00 am

I was dueling a friend Playing S-Force and I was playing Floo. During the Games he chained S-Force Chase to my Pot of Prosperity. They claim that Pot of Prosperity doesn't resolve. It sounds like Pot should resolve but I'm not 100%. If this does work does that extend to other normal spell cards?

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:49 pm

Original_HIV wrote:I was dueling a friend Playing S-Force and I was playing Floo. During the Games he chained S-Force Chase to my Pot of Prosperity. They claim that Pot of Prosperity doesn't resolve. It sounds like Pot should resolve but I'm not 100%. If this does work does that extend to other normal spell cards?

They cannot target a resolving Pot of Prosperity with S-Force Chase because it is marked as being sent to GY as part of being a resolving Normal Spell
Buy Floowandereeze

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #3 by Ir0n » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:32 pm

greg503 wrote:
Original_HIV wrote:I was dueling a friend Playing S-Force and I was playing Floo. During the Games he chained S-Force Chase to my Pot of Prosperity. They claim that Pot of Prosperity doesn't resolve. It sounds like Pot should resolve but I'm not 100%. If this does work does that extend to other normal spell cards?

They cannot target a resolving Pot of Prosperity with S-Force Chase because it is marked as being sent to GY as part of being a resolving Normal Spell

And even if this weren't the case, it would essentially be the same as chaining Mystical Space Typhoon targeting the Pot. It would still resolve fine, only that you would get to keep the Pot, but as greg503 pointed out, Konami made sure this isn't even possible in the first place through the "marked for GY" ruling.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”