(Skill Drain Imperm) vs Condition effects

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
gabrib14

(Skill Drain Imperm) vs Condition effects

Post #1 by gabrib14 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:25 pm

During my turn i activate branded fusion sending, albaz + nibiru to sum https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Titaniklad_the_Ash_Dragon, his atk is 2500+400+1100 = 4000atk,

During the battle phase i declare a attack againt a 2500 atk monster the opponent controls, on attack declaration my opponent activate (imperm/skill drain) to negate my monster effect, does my ash dragon atk drops to 2500?
Ash dragon condition effect: (Gains ATK equal to the combined original Levels of the monsters used for its Fusion Summon x 100.)

A similar ruling of the same archetype is fleur whoes attack wont drop cause the attack boost already have being applied,

does ash dragon behaves like fleur or the atk drops?

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:06 pm

Titanclad is not a condition it is an effect. If it is negated the attack it gained will be lost.

Fleurdies is a completely different kind of effect and it activates you cannot possibly compare the 2 effects.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:29 pm

gabrib14 wrote:During my turn i activate branded fusion sending, albaz + nibiru to sum https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Titaniklad_the_Ash_Dragon, his atk is 2500+400+1100 = 4000atk,

During the battle phase i declare a attack againt a 2500 atk monster the opponent controls, on attack declaration my opponent activate (imperm/skill drain) to negate my monster effect, does my ash dragon atk drops to 2500?
Ash dragon condition effect: (Gains ATK equal to the combined original Levels of the monsters used for its Fusion Summon x 100.)

A similar ruling of the same archetype is fleur whoes attack wont drop cause the attack boost already have being applied,

Conditions cannot be negated. Conditions are an example of "You cannot Special Summon the turn you activate this card." (Pot of Duality) or even "You can only activate 1 "Pot of Duality" per turn."

Unfortunately for Titaniklad, the only condition he carries is "You can only use this effect of "Titaniklad the Ash Dragon" once per turn.".

I hope that helps!
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Wek

Post #4 by Wek » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:24 pm

gabrib14 wrote:During my turn i activate branded fusion sending, albaz + nibiru to sum https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Titaniklad_the_Ash_Dragon, his atk is 2500+400+1100 = 4000atk,

Ash's effect is a single application effect (it only applies once on summon), that can only apply ATK modification to itself. For these reasons it's part of a special case group where effect negation permanently erases the modification. Fleur's effect is also only applied one moment per activated effect, but unlike Ash the ATK modification has the potential to modify other cards, which matters even if Fleur ended up being the only monster out. It follows the standard rules one time effects like that have vs effect negation, which is that effect negation doesn't undo them after the fact.

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #5 by TheRoyalAu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:41 pm

This is good to know.
RC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge and DC - 1 Approved (05/17/2021).

Return to “Rulings Q&A”