Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit FAQ

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Monarch Snow

Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit FAQ

Post #1 by Monarch Snow » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:39 am

Another Article. Feel free to leave a reputation point and I hope this was of assistance.

① : When a monster on the field activates its effect, or when a Spell/Trap that is already face-up on the field activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; destroy that card on the field. You can only use this effect of "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" once per turn.

1) Sending "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" from the hand or field to the Graveyard is a COST.

2) Since sending from the hand to the Graveyard is a cost, "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" CANNOT activate its effect while "Macro Cosmos" or "Dimensional Fissure" is applying its Continuous-Like effect.

3) The Quick Effect of Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" CANNOT be activated during the Damage Step. It is NOT a Trigger Effect.

4) Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" CANNOT be chained to the activated effect of "Fire Formation-Tenki".
"Fire Formation-Tenki" is a card effect triggering upon successful activation, it is NOT the effect of an already face-up card activating.

*(This rule follows for cards like "Trickstar Light Stage", "Magical Meltdown", the first effect of "Brilliant Fusion", the first effect of "Union Hangar" and the first effect of "Dark Magical Circle".)*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" CANNOT be chained to the effect of a Continuous Trap Card if the Continuous Trap Card was Set and is immediately activating its effect upon successful activation.

Example: I control a Set "Eternal Soul". My opponent activates "Cosmic Cyclone", targeting my Set "Eternal Soul". I chain the Set "Eternal Soul" and choose to activate its effect to Special Summon a "Dark Magician" from my hand.

"Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" CANNOT be chained. While an effect of a face-up Trap Card is activating, it is activating as one whole chain link. It is an effect activating as one whole action upon activation rather than at a different time. It is NOT the effect of an already face-up card on the field activating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6) If "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" is chained to the effect of "Gagaga Cowboy" while "Gagaga Cowboy" is in Defense Position and successfully resolves, Gagaga Cowboy will be destroyed and no damage will inflicted. The effect of "Gagaga Cowboy" applies on its position. It no longer has a position since it destroyed. The effect cannot resolve properly, since it has no position, so the effect won't apply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7) If "Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit" is chained to the effect of "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" and successfully resolves, "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" will be destroyed, but no monsters will be destroyed by the effect of "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" and no damage will be inflicted. "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" checks its ATK "on the field" at resolution. Since it is no longer face-up on field, it cannot check its ATK "on the field" even if the ATK remained the same. "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" will resolve without effect.
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 Konami® Certified Judge
Retired Duelingbook Tournament Organizer
Retired Ozone Host/Administrator
Retired Judge in DU, DNx, /r/ Subrredit Discord, & The Ruling Zone
Founder of i3 & Harmonic Souls: Organized Play

_Hornbeetle_

Post #2 by _Hornbeetle_ » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:59 am

Nice article

RaidingPig

Post #3 by RaidingPig » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 pm

Interesting article, good job...
The Pig Prevails upon this day