Is using a browser extension considered hacking to unlock dueling book game mechanic

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Is using a browser extension considered hacking to unlock dueling book game mechanic

Post #1 by s.nickid » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:37 pm

I was playing in dueling book in unrated traditional format, I do not have the browser extension because I believe that is hacking, we played he had an exodia deck and he was doing on purpose to play bad with it, but when the duel ended and he win with exodia, he starting to give me his card to my hand, and I said to him do not do that, because your telling me that you cheated during the duel if you do that. Because I do not know what else that browser extension can do, can it control the opponent deck and make me draw whatever they want me to draw, and the same thing with him I do not know if he could set it up to draw what he wants to draw. I do not know if this goes in the rulling page if it does not go in the rulling page move it to the proper place. One time it crash my PC last week when I was not even dueling just waiting to get a duel.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:14 pm

Too many wins and trolling with a poor deck like Exodia. XD
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:55 pm

Maybe a dueling book judge can clarified the situation, because I hate to block people because I assume they are cheating for using the Browser extension, once I know what it actually can do, that I will unblock does people.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:05 pm

s.nickid wrote:Maybe a dueling book judge can clarified the situation, because I hate to block people because I assume they are cheating for using the Browser extension, once I know what it actually can do, that I will unblock does people.

I need the replay of the duel
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

s.nickid

Post #5 by s.nickid » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:35 am

so you need the replay, it was in traditional unrated, and I was tired I made a mistake with the trigger effect, because he attack egyption god slime with low attack monster, so I made the mistake that they would chain to each other then, I fix the mistake right away. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=80629-44233402

s.nickid

Post #6 by s.nickid » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:05 pm

@GeneXwrecker: Do not bother answering the question because I'm leaving dueling book forever, because I had to switch PC because the PC I was using the sensor for the mouse and key board does not work anymore, and when I switch to my laptop, I play in unrated Traditonal format I did place in the note no Trolling, and it litterly crash on me, and the move that my opponent would make I would not see them, he did not believe me so he Thought I was trolling so he block me for no reason, so why would I break my own rules of no Trolling I do not have that toxic personality, so if I continued useing the replacement, it just going to keep happening, everyone is going to block me for no reason when I'm telling the truth on what is going on, and I would also get frozen for no reason, for telling the truth, because every one would assume I'm trolling when I'm not. I already place my farwell message. I can't send you the replay because the replay does not show what I actually saw. I hate being accuse of Trolling when I'm not.

eyal282

Post #7 by eyal282 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:58 am

s.nickid wrote:@GeneXwrecker: Do not bother answering the question because I'm leaving dueling book forever, because I had to switch PC because the PC I was using the sensor for the mouse and key board does not work anymore, and when I switch to my laptop, I play in unrated Traditonal format I did place in the note no Trolling, and it litterly crash on me, and the move that my opponent would make I would not see them, he did not believe me so he Thought I was trolling so he block me for no reason, so why would I break my own rules of no Trolling I do not have that toxic personality, so if I continued useing the replacement, it just going to keep happening, everyone is going to block me for no reason when I'm telling the truth on what is going on, and I would also get frozen for no reason, for telling the truth, because every one would assume I'm trolling when I'm not. I already place my farwell message. I can't send you the replay because the replay does not show what I actually saw. I hate being accuse of Trolling when I'm not.

Hello. We were part of the duel.
I was about to accuse you for lying regarding how I didn't block you, then I realized I did not block you, so you're not talking about me.
The concept adding cards to your hand is a non issue after the duel ends.
If you had a way to stop exodia, I would immediately admit defeat because you had lethal on board, so it didn't really matter.
I sometimes joke around after the duel is over, but in this particular one, you forgot to admit defeat.
Similar to how one can cheat by sending a card to GY without a justification to do so, one may cheat by adding cards to their opponent's hands, the thing that matters is whether or not it misrepresented the game state ( no, the game was over ) or gave a player an unfair advantage ( yes, but I got approved to log my opponent's hand after I view it { Trap Dustshoot } by either GenexWrecker or Steven )

s.nickid

Post #8 by s.nickid » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:07 pm

@eyal282: The one who block me for no reason was not you, the other situation I mention was unrelated to you. And I did check the browser extension, and in my own way find out, that is considered hacking since you could just flip your opponent deck face-up without the card that allows to do that, that does not mean your a person that does that, but some people could do it to extremely troll, and some I do not know if the browser extension can control what your opponent draws, or control what you draw, that does not mean you did that. And beside it was unrated Traditional so the stat does not go in something important, so it would make no difference if I quit instead of admit defeat.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”