Super Polymerization on Normal Summon

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Ir0n
Mood:

Super Polymerization on Normal Summon

Post #1 by Ir0n » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Hi everyone, this isn't something that has actually happened to me, but it is a theoretical situation that might come up for me in the future and I'd like confirmation, ideally by a judge, on whether this works how I think or not. For reference, this flow chart is what first made me think about this interaction:
https://img.yugioh-card.com/en/wp-conte ... _EN-US.jpg

Now the Interaction is as follows:
Player A is turn player, Player B has a face-up Apollousa (or any other Extra Deck monster) and a set Torrential Tribute. Player A has Fallen of Albaz, Super Polymerization and a random card to discard for Super Poly in their hand. Player A Normal Summons Fallen of Albaz, not activating its effect. According to the flow chart above Player A should now be able to activate Super Polymerization before Player B could have responded with Torrential Tribute to the Summon of Fallen of Albaz. Is that correct or am I missing something? :?:
Last edited by Ir0n on Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #2 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:40 pm

So...
Normal Summon Fallen of Albaz
Activate Super Poly
Er... no, your opponent can't activate in chain Torrential Tribute to Super Poly, also, lost timing on Fallen of Albaz Summon.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #3 by Ir0n » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:58 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:So...
Activate Super Poly
Er... no, your opponent can't activate in chain Torrential Tribute to Super Poly, also, lost timing on Fallen of Albaz Summon.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The question is whether Player A actually is allowed to activate Super Polymerization on the Summon of Albaz without giving Player B the window to respond to the Summon. Because according to the chart that would be the case.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:25 pm

Ir0n wrote:
Activate Super Poly

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The question is whether Player A actually is allowed to activate Super Polymerization on the Summon of Albaz without giving Player B the window to respond to the Summon. Because according to the chart that would be the case.

Yes but don't activate Torrential Tribute in chain with Super Polymerization.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:20 pm

Ir0n wrote:Hi everyone, this isn't something that has actually happened to me, but it is a theoretical situation that might come up for me in the future and I'd like confirmation, ideally by a judge, on whether this works how I think or not. For reference, this flow chart is what first made me think about this interaction:

Player A is turn player, Player B has a face-up Apollousa (or any other Extra Deck monster) and a set Torrential Tribute. Player A has Fallen of Albaz, Super Polymerization and a random card to discard for Super Poly in their hand. Player A Normal Summons Fallen of Albaz, not activating its effect. According to the flow chart above Player A should now be able to activate Super Polymerization before Player B could have responded with Torrential Tribute to the Summon of Fallen of Albaz. Is that correct or am I missing something? :?:
yes turn player can respond first to their actions that do not start a chain.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #6 by Ir0n » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:38 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Ir0n wrote:
Activate Super Poly

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not what I was asking, but thank you anyways ^^

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #7 by Ir0n » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:38 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Ir0n wrote:Hi everyone, this isn't something that has actually happened to me, but it is a theoretical situation that might come up for me in the future and I'd like confirmation, ideally by a judge, on whether this works how I think or not. For reference, this flow chart is what first made me think about this interaction:

yes turn player can respond first to their actions that do not start a chain.

Thank you for the clarification :D

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #8 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:53 pm

Ir0n wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Ir0n wrote:

Not what I was asking, but thank you anyways ^^

Your welcome

Cit.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”