but banish it when it leaves the field

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
NaturalHarmonia

but banish it when it leaves the field

Post #1 by NaturalHarmonia » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:15 pm

https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/play/2021_rules_update/

Page 51 of the rulebook, under “Leaves the Field”: “When a monster on the field is shuffled into the Main Deck, or becomes an Xyz Material, it is no longer a card on the field, however its effects that activate when it “leaves the field” will not activate.” “Main Deck” should be “Deck” (and therefore also includes the Extra Deck).

My questions are the following.
does Tearlaments Reinoheart special summoned by its own effect:
1. gets banished if it is shuffled to the main deck (e.g. Tearlaments Kaleido-Heart targetting Reino)?
2. gets banished if it is put on the bottom of the deck or top (e.g. any tear fusion mechanic) even it the deck is not shuffled?
3. Question that come in my mind while i was writing this, he rulebook says: "its *effects* that activate...", is this part of reinho effect an activated effect or an effect at all? If its not an effect, what is it, a condition?

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:21 am

NaturalHarmonia wrote:https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/play/2021_rules_update/

Page 51 of the rulebook, under “Leaves the Field”: “When a monster on the field is shuffled into the Main Deck, or becomes an Xyz Material, it is no longer a card on the field, however its effects that activate when it “leaves the field” will not activate.” “Main Deck” should be “Deck” (and therefore also includes the Extra Deck).

My questions are the following.
does Tearlaments Reinoheart special summoned by its own effect:
1. gets banished if it is shuffled to the main deck (e.g. Tearlaments Kaleido-Heart targetting Reino)?
2. gets banished if it is put on the bottom of the deck or top (e.g. any tear fusion mechanic) even it the deck is not shuffled?
3. Question that come in my mind while i was writing this, he rulebook says: "its *effects* that activate...", is this part of reinho effect an activated effect or an effect at all? If its not an effect, what is it, a condition?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Tearlaments Reinoheart has no effect that triggers upon anything leaving the field. It has a hard once per turn effect that triggers upon an effect sending it to the graveyard.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”