Super poly vs Zues

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
RYAN SOULCATCHER

Super poly vs Zues

Post #1 by RYAN SOULCATCHER » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:04 am

Hi, i got a quick ruling i need answered :)
If i was versing that xyz monster Zues and like summoned despian tragedy.. Monsters don't start chain so can i super poly real quick before he activates the send eff? thanks

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:08 am

RYAN SOULCATCHER wrote:Hi, i got a quick ruling i need answered :)
If i was versing that xyz monster Zues and like summoned despian tragedy.. Monsters don't start chain so can i super poly real quick before he activates the send eff? thanks

Your opponent can respond with Zeus on the summon of Tragedy.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #3 by Fredblade » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:29 am

You can because you didn't activated a trigger effect on the summon of the Despia, meaning you still have priority to activate an effect.

RYAN SOULCATCHER

Post #4 by RYAN SOULCATCHER » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:29 am

ok, 2 people are saying different things. i feel like fredblade is right tho.. Can a judge confirm? thanks

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:47 am

RYAN SOULCATCHER wrote:ok, 2 people are saying different things. i feel like fredblade is right tho.. Can a judge confirm? thanks

Fredblade is incorrect.

There is a window your opponent is able to respond to on summons with any quick effects (quickplay spells/traps/monster effects) provided they are able to legally activate the card in question.

Zeus in your situation can activate on the normal summon and Zeus would be Chain Link 1.

Just like if I choose to use Zeus in response to you sending a card to the GY off of say Foolish Burial.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

RYAN SOULCATCHER

Post #6 by RYAN SOULCATCHER » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:59 am

ok sure maybe however, are you a judge though? I would like actual confirmation not to argue.

RYAN SOULCATCHER

Post #7 by RYAN SOULCATCHER » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:03 am

For the record i side with that you can activate poly since u didn't activate an effect and like summon isn't negated so yeah still turn player's prio

Genexwrecker

Post #8 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:26 pm

Fredblade wrote:

You can because you didn't activated a trigger effect on the summon of the Despia, meaning you still have priority to activate an effect.

This is correct
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
RYAN SOULCATCHER wrote:ok, 2 people are saying different things. i feel like fredblade is right tho.. Can a judge confirm? thanks

Fredblade is incorrect.

There is a window your opponent is able to respond to on summons with any quick effects (quickplay spells/traps/monster effects) provided they are able to legally activate the card in question.

Zeus in your situation can activate on the normal summon and Zeus would be Chain Link 1.

Just like if I choose to use Zeus in response to you sending a card to the GY off of say Foolish Burial.

This is incorrect
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:43 pm

As the official priority flowchart shows, if your Summon does not have any triggered effect activated, then you get priority first to use a fast effect.
Buy Floowandereeze

RYAN SOULCATCHER

Post #11 by RYAN SOULCATCHER » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:35 pm

Thanks Genexwrecker! :D

Return to “Rulings Q&A”