What are people chaining to in res??

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
HoldmyBeer

What are people chaining to in res??

Post #1 by HoldmyBeer » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Hi, i play on dueling nexus and since i've been on db people have been saying res like resolution which boggles me.. when something is resolved on dueling nexus that play is done

i also had a judge "kitty trouble" say if it's a quick play the opponent can which isn't possible on dueling nexus.. has to typically be in response to a play by turn player unless specified on the card like droll and lock bird says.

would someone clarify this, because this is yugioh a card game not super smash bros "a brawl"

thanks ^.^

HoldmyBeer

Post #2 by HoldmyBeer » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:53 pm

I may get it now, how it's passing prio to opponent if i have no quick response shout out to user: T__J_91

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #3 by Fredblade » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:20 pm

HoldmyBeer wrote:Hi, i play on dueling nexus and since i've been on db people have been saying res like resolution which boggles me.. when something is resolved on dueling nexus that play is done

i also had a judge "kitty trouble" say if it's a quick play the opponent can which isn't possible on dueling nexus.. has to typically be in response to a play by turn player unless specified on the card like droll and lock bird says.

would someone clarify this, because this is yugioh a card game not super smash bros "a brawl"

thanks ^.^

Auto sim moment.
In Yugioh is possible to start a new chain immediately after the previous one resolved if any player has a Spell Speed 2 card or effect (Monsters with the label 'Quick Effect', Trap Cards and Quick-Play Spells). The reason why Nexus doesn't have that is because it automatically skips the resolution window, you have to set your chain option in ON or YES depending of the simulator to have this option available, the default will always skip it.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #4 by Ir0n » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:44 am

As someone using several different digital ways to play myself I also sometimes play on Dueling Nexus, but I have to say that out of all the options available it is easily the worst:
- Chaining on resolution or as direct response isn't always possible when it should be
- Cards your opponent searches with effects are not revealed to you for confirmation, not even in the log (basically your opponents searches with Stratos and you never get to see which Hero it is they search...)
- Oftentimes when a card has multiple effects that could be activated at the same time (e.g. True King's Return during opponent's MP1) aren't specified, so it essentially becomes a game of chance whether you actually activate the effect you want to

and so many more problems.

If you wish to play an automated simulator over a manual one (like DB) I would heavily recommend YGO Omega or at least EDOPro. Those two (especially YGO Omega) do an infinitely better job at rulings than Dueling Nexus or even Master Duel.

Kitty Trouble

Post #5 by Kitty Trouble » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 pm

"in res of a chain" which happens in Box D is the yellow box -> Box B -> Box C

That cycle keeps repeating until neither player wants to use something there. Then the turn player can do another action besides a fast/trigger effect.

Note: To save time, automatic simulators may not always ask for responses in this timing, but activations can usually be forced there using some method.

https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/play/fast-effect-timing/

MarshieDemon

Post #6 by MarshieDemon » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 pm

Kitty Trouble's answer above is correct. That flowchart there is your best friend in Yu-Gi-Oh.

Head Administrator

Return to “Rulings Q&A”