Confused on when a Xyz monster Xyz summoned is forgoten

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Confused on when a Xyz monster Xyz summoned is forgoten

Post #1 by s.nickid » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:35 pm

I watch distant coder video, and if a pendulum monster is pendulum summoned and then flip face-down and flip face-up it forget being pendulum summoned, however if a pendulum monster that as been pendulum summoned activated the effect while on the field and gets the activation negated by Tottally asweome and special summoned face-down, and later flip face-up it does not forget being pendulum summoned. So my question if I Xyz summoned a monster and it get flip face-down by an effect and then get flip face-up not flip summoned, and get send to the graveyard, because he does not remember being Xyz summoned, I cannot special summoned it from the graveyard with monster reborn. Is that correct? I would need a judge to make sure I got the correct answer, and not just random people opinion.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #2 by Ir0n » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:13 pm

While I cannot with absolute certainty answer your question, I can explain the confusion with the Pendulum monster. A monster that gets negated and then "stolen" via Toadally Awesome is destroyed and then Special Summoned in face-down defense position, but it does hit the GY or, in a Pendulum monster's case, the Extra Deck during the resolution of Toadally Awesome's effect. This means that the Pendulum monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, which is why it has to go to the EMZ or a linked monster zone, but this is NOT a Pendulum Summon.
The overall rulings for this sort of thing are rather complex, I'll leave you this link and hope it helps you understand the issue better:
https://ygorganization.com/learnrulingspart13/

Return to “Rulings Q&A”