Cyberdark chimera

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
The_3answer

Cyberdark chimera

Post #1 by The_3answer » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, the card text is the following:
"You can discard 1 Spell/Trap; add 1 "Power Bond" from your Deck to your hand, you can only use Dragon or Machine "Cyber" monsters as Fusion Material this turn, also once when you Fusion Summon this turn, you can also banish monster(s) from your GY as material. If this card is sent to the GY: You can send 1 "Cyberdark" monster from your Deck to the GY, with a different name from the cards in your GY. You can only use each effect of "Cyberdark Chimera" once per turn."
Now, the restriction about fusion materials, is applied only after resolution, or prevents you to activate the effect if you have already used a different material?
Pratical example: start the turn with branded fusion, send fallen of albaz and cyber dragon. Later in that turn, can i activate chimera effect?
Reading the text it seems not, but OCG ruling says that the restriction is only after resolution.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:13 pm

The restricton's only after the resolution.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #3 by Ir0n » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:17 am

Despite all logic and PSCT saying otherwise, Christen57 is correct. To my knowledge the "official" ruling is that the restriction only applies after resolving the effect of Chimera. If you plan on using this specific interaction on an event though, I'd advise to speak to the head judge before the event starts, to make sure their ruling is beneficial to you.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”