Power Tool Braver Dragon vs Anti-Spell Fragrance

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
TheMegassassin

Power Tool Braver Dragon vs Anti-Spell Fragrance

Post #1 by TheMegassassin » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:36 pm

Can you declare the effect of Power Tool Braver Dragon while under the continuous effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance and if so what happens?

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:42 pm

Power Tool Braver Dragon's text for context:

If this card is Special Summoned: You can equip up to 3 Equip Spells with different names from your Deck and/or GY to this card. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can send 1 of your Equip Spells equipped to this card to the GY, then target 1 Effect Monster on the field; either change its battle position, or until the end of this turn, negate its effects. You can only use each effect of "Power Tool Braver Dragon" once per turn.

Anti-Spell Fragrance text for context:

Both players must Set Spell Cards before activating them, and cannot activate them until their next turn after Setting them.

Just based on the wording, Braver doesn't "activate" the Equip Spells" only equips them. So Anti-Spell Fragrance shouldn't be doing anything to hinder Power Tool Braver.

That's my understanding anyways. If someone is better with rulings that would know exactly, that'd be awesome if they shared.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #3 by Lil Oldman » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Power Tool Braver Dragon's text for context:

If this card is Special Summoned: You can equip up to 3 Equip Spells with different names from your Deck and/or GY to this card. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can send 1 of your Equip Spells equipped to this card to the GY, then target 1 Effect Monster on the field; either change its battle position, or until the end of this turn, negate its effects. You can only use each effect of "Power Tool Braver Dragon" once per turn.

Anti-Spell Fragrance text for context:

Both players must Set Spell Cards before activating them, and cannot activate them until their next turn after Setting them.

Just based on the wording, Braver doesn't "activate" the Equip Spells" only equips them. So Anti-Spell Fragrance shouldn't be doing anything to hinder Power Tool Braver.

That's my understanding anyways. If someone is better with rulings that would know exactly, that'd be awesome if they shared.

I would imagine this is similar to Rite of Aramesir and Anti-Spell Fragrance, the card never says activate, so it is a way to play around it.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”