Ash blossom Vs MetaVerse

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Maxxwell1

Ash blossom Vs MetaVerse

Post #1 by Maxxwell1 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:16 am

If I use metaverse's eff to activate field card directly from deck can my opponent chain Ash blossom?

Player1

Post #2 by Player1 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:07 am

Metaverse can either add the field spell to your hand or place it on the field. Regardless of which one you actually want to do upon resolution, since the effect itself has the option of adding it to your hand, your opponent can chain their Ash Blossom to the activation of Metaverse and negate its effect.

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Mon May 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Ash blossom can only negated, If it add a card from deck to hand(including drawing a card), Special summoned from the deck, or send a card from deck to GY. Metaverse's his a trap card, and you don't chose to activated the field spell in your deck, or to keep it in your hand during the activation of Metaverse's. So if you opponent activated Metaverse, you can't chain Ash Blossom, since Ash blossom does not know at the time if he chose to add the card in the deck to hand, or from the deck to activated on the field, however he can chain Ash blossom to the field spell if the field spell at activation, got an effect that his valid for blossom, that happen when the activation of the field spell resolve, keep in mine that ash blossom only negated, it does not pop the card, so even if the field effect his negated, the field would stay. To make sure that Ash blossom does not have an exception to the rules that I'm not aware of you can wait for a resource judge, because from what I remember if it his unknow if it his valid or not, because it may have the exception like macros cosmo, because with macros cosmo, even if I can't special summoned, my opponent can still activated solemn warnning in response.

s.nickid

Post #4 by s.nickid » Fri May 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Sorry for my mistake, turn out that you can negated Metaverse trap card, with ash blossom, even if it his unknown if it will be valid or not, Because to make sure I had it right I check Macros cosmo, and the choice to special summoned happen at resolution, and it said that Solemn warining, Royal oppression can be used even if the special summoned his not known, so the same would applied for ash blossom for an effect that place a card from deck to hand, in this case, keep in mind if your opponent does not have a choice to make it valid or not for ash blossom, like the effect his determine by a coin toss, and/or a roll of the dice, the only way to negated card like that with ash blossom his if all result of the coins toss his valid for ash blossom, or all result of the dice are valid for ash blossom, authorize you can't.

Maxxwell1

Post #5 by Maxxwell1 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:35 am

All these mixed responses don't help me. I wish a judge would give an offical answer so I can be sure of my self.

MadRest

Post #6 by MadRest » Sat May 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Ash Blossom can be used against Metaverse.

Staxx

Post #7 by Staxx » Sun May 27, 2018 3:33 am

^ what this guy said. Metaverse can be stopped by Ash.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”