Alba Lenatus Ruling

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Ir0n
Mood:

Alba Lenatus Ruling

Post #1 by Ir0n » Wed May 18, 2022 6:53 pm

Hey guys I need this ruling for my upcoming regionals:

Player A controls 2 random face-up Dragon type monsters.
Player B enters their Main Phase 1 and sets "Fallen of Albaz" in face-down DEF Position.
Is Player B allowed to send their set Albaz and the Dragons on Player A's field to the GY to Summon Alba Lenatus? (https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Alba-Lenatus ... yss_Dragon)

I assume the answer is yes, because a set "Cyber Dragon" can go into Mega Fleet and set monsters can genrally be used for Contact Fusion or as tributes for cards like "Icarus Attack" that need a specific type. I'm really only asking because Alba Lenatus isn't a Fusion Summon when using its Summoning condition and I want to be absolutely sure before I use it at my regionals.

Thanks a lot in advance guys :)

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 18, 2022 8:00 pm

So just to make sure

You're going into a regionals for an OCG tournament since the card doesn't appear to be released in the TCG?

That aside, the answer is yes.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Wed May 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:So just to make sure

You're going into a regionals for an OCG tournament since the card doesn't appear to be released in the TCG?

DIFO drops tomorrow
Buy Floowandereeze

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #4 by Fredblade » Wed May 18, 2022 10:14 pm

Ir0n wrote:Hey guys I need this ruling for my upcoming regionals:

Player A controls 2 random face-up Dragon type monsters.
Player B enters their Main Phase 1 and sets "Fallen of Albaz" in face-down DEF Position.
Is Player B allowed to send their set Albaz and the Dragons on Player A's field to the GY to Summon Alba Lenatus? (https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Alba-Lenatus ... yss_Dragon)

I assume the answer is yes, because a set "Cyber Dragon" can go into Mega Fleet and set monsters can genrally be used for Contact Fusion or as tributes for cards like "Icarus Attack" that need a specific type. I'm really only asking because Alba Lenatus isn't a Fusion Summon when using its Summoning condition and I want to be absolutely sure before I use it at my regionals.

Thanks a lot in advance guys :)

Short answer: Yes

Slightly longer explanation:
Yes, you can "contact fuse" with Set monsters you control, you just have to reveal them when you declare your summon (I mean, in this case Albaz goes to the GY face-up anyway, but this matters for cases where the materials get shuffled into the Deck like the "Neos" fusions, so when you use set monsters, you don't just shuffle them into the Deck without your opponent even knowing if you actually used the legal materials).

However, the monsters you use on your opponent's field must be face-up.

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Thu May 19, 2022 12:31 am

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:So just to make sure

DIFO drops tomorrow

That makes more sense, didn't realize it did.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #6 by Ir0n » Thu May 19, 2022 4:57 am

Alright I assumed as much. Thank you guys, for confirming :D

Return to “Rulings Q&A”