Ruling about "D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga"

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Gigiabyte

Ruling about "D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga"

Post #1 by Gigiabyte » Sun May 08, 2022 1:55 pm

Hi guys I have an important question for you and particularly for judges.
I play Raidraptors and yesterday, at my local, i went first against a guy, i did my combo, and i passed.
On his turn, in the main phase, the first thing my op activated was "Raigeki" and i chained the quick spell "The Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Launch". So we resolved the chain I summon "D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga" thanks to the rank up spell.
So here we go with the problem: I told to my op that because kali yuga's effect is a continue effect it resolves on his summon and then the chain goes on, passing to resolving "Raigeki"'s effect but it's negated due to Kali Yuga. My op was not according and sustained that Kali Yuga's effect would have been resolved on another chain next to this chain, but i told him that since Kali Yuga's effect is a continue effect it would apply on this chain because was summoned. At this point other player's next to us listened our discussion and I explained the situation and also all of them sustained my op point of view, saying that I had to trust them because they are playing sincve years (wtf this is not a justification). So I was the one against all other and since there were not judges at this local i let raigeki's effect resolve anyway to end this discussion.
But the question is: are all the simulators and master duel wrong? Because on simulators the effect of Kali Yuga resolve on that chain when summoned and turn off the effect of "raigeki" (and every other magic or monster effect activated on the field that I chain the rank up spell).

I thank all of you for you response and availability

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Sun May 08, 2022 2:51 pm

When "Astral" drops the LP of "Yugi" to zero; "Yugi" said "My life points can be reach to 0 but I am still in this Duel." and stayed in Duel and Duel continued like that. Your question smells like when I activate "Raigeki" for destroy my opponent's "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer". And my opponent's activates effect of "Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer" for destroy my "Raigeki" that just activated by me; by saying -"Raigeki" is on the field and I can do it.-

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #3 by Lil Oldman » Sun May 08, 2022 2:54 pm

I think you are in the right, iirc continous effects can intervene in already resolving chains, see Deus X-Krawler.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Cromat

Post #4 by Cromat » Sun May 08, 2022 3:02 pm

Summon of "D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga" is treated as XYZ Summon according to the scenario, so its effect is applying right now and "Raigeki" will send to GY without applying own effect. Approving?

Cromat

Post #5 by Cromat » Sun May 08, 2022 3:09 pm

That XYZ card's text has this one: "After this card is Xyz Summoned," so maybe "Raigeki" can destroy that monster because "Raigeki" is not activated after that card's XYZ Summon. The Spell has been activated already but just not resolved yet. That is also an option, too. Any other thought, is there?

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Sun May 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Cromat wrote:Summon of "D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga" is treated as XYZ Summon according to the scenario, so its effect is applying right now and "Raigeki" will send to GY without applying own effect. Approving?

I agree with Lil Oldman that this is what would happen, yes.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #7 by Lil Oldman » Sun May 08, 2022 3:22 pm

Cromat wrote:That XYZ card's text has this one: "After this card is Xyz Summoned," so maybe "Raigeki" can destroy that monster because "Raigeki" is not activated after that card's XYZ Summon. The Spell has been activated already but just not resolved yet. That is also an option, too. Any other thought, is there?

But raigeki is resolving after Yuga's Xyz Summon. It is not an activated effect.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #8 by Fredblade » Sun May 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Kali Yuga is not an activated effect, it's a unclassified effect that applies once it is Xyz Summoned, even if it still in the middle of a chain. Also it doesn't matter whether or not Raigeki was already activated because Kali Yuga says "and other cards' effects on the field are negated." that means it will negate Raigeki.

Gigiabyte

Post #9 by Gigiabyte » Sun May 08, 2022 4:01 pm

Thanks to all of you guys for replying

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #10 by Ir0n » Sun May 08, 2022 9:22 pm

As a D/D/D player myself I can confirm that Kali Yuga will negate Raigeki and any other card on the field for the entire turn when summoned. That's what makes it a powerful interruption with The Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Launch. So yeah you were absolutely right and the players at your locals seem like beginners, if they can't properly read PSCT.

Gigiabyte

Post #11 by Gigiabyte » Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm

Ir0n wrote:As a D/D/D player myself I can confirm that Kali Yuga will negate Raigeki and any other card on the field for the entire turn when summoned. That's what makes it a powerful interruption with The Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Launch. So yeah you were absolutely right and the players at your locals seem like beginners, if they can't properly read PSCT.

Exactly, it was a funny local overall but this got me a little mad cause you know we lost at least 20 minutes for this useless discussion and that cost me the match cause i won game 1, lost game 2 and i was doing my full combo on game 3 (so his turn i could make again Kali Yuga and win) but in the middle of my game 3 combo tima ran out and istead of a win match it was tied... Well now I know I'm right and I can appeal for a true reason because before you helped me I didn't know if this was 100% sure although simulators gave me reason.
Thank you man

MarshieDemon

Post #12 by MarshieDemon » Mon May 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Fredblade's explanation is correct.

Head Administrator

Return to “Rulings Q&A”