Machina Citadel with Droplet

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
OMGStop

Machina Citadel with Droplet

Post #1 by OMGStop » Thu May 05, 2022 4:42 pm

So if my opponent had a dragoon an Eldlich on the field, and I have a Machina Citadel on my field. So what happened is that:
- Chain link 1: Machina Citadel target it self to pop the opponent monsters.
- Chain link 2: Dragoon negates by discarding a card.
- Chain link 3: Droplet sending Citadel as cost to negate dragoon.

So my question is that, will dragoon be negated at the resolution of Chain link 3. And at the resolution of chain link 1, Citadel will pop my opponents monsters who's attack is less than 3000 i.e. Dragoon and Eldlich ? Or will Citadel effect just not resolve?

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Thu May 05, 2022 4:50 pm

"Forbidden Droplet" can negate effects of "Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon"; right. But I am not sure about "Machina Citadel" can still destroy your opponent's monster; because "Forbidden Droplet" is sending of "Machina Citadel" as cost action. I do not know you can use that effect when it leaves from field by cost. Ask it to Genexwrecker.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Thu May 05, 2022 4:54 pm

will dragoon be negated at the resolution of Chain link 3?

Yes.

at the resolution of chain link 1, Citadel will pop my opponents monsters who's attack is less than 3000 i.e. Dragoon and Eldlich ? Or will Citadel effect just not resolve?

Machina Citadel has to destroy both it's target on the field and at least 1 opponent's monster. If, at the time Machina Citadel's destruction effect begins to resolve, either that target is no longer on the field or the opponent no longer controls any monsters, Machina Citadel's effect will destroy nothing.

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Machina_Citadel
The effect of "Machina Citadel" destroys both the targeted monster and monsters your opponent controls with ATK less than or equal to that monster.

Cromat

Post #4 by Cromat » Thu May 05, 2022 5:19 pm

Here's what Christen57 wanted to say: After the Chain Link 3 is resolved. "Machina Citadel" is no longer around for activate and resolve its effect, therefore Chain Link 1 will not resolve when time is came to resolve of Chain Link 1 (to resolve the activated effect of "Machina Citadel"). Ruling of "Machina Citadel" says "The effect of "Machina Citadel" destroys both the targeted monster and monsters your opponent controls (with ATK less than or equal to that monster.)". According of that; you cannot destroy opponent's monsters if you lost 1 Machine monster you control which was the target. Or you cannot destroy only 1 Machine monster you control if your opponent's monster(s) is left from field that moment. Those must be destroyed same time. If 1 of them is disappeared; you stop to resolve that.

(Say it if I said something wrong about issue.)

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu May 05, 2022 7:28 pm

Droplet doesn't target so it resolves fine, Dragoon resolved negated, doing notthing, then Citadel sees that the target has left the field, and also resolves without effect.
Buy Floowandereeze

OMGStop

Post #6 by OMGStop » Sat May 07, 2022 12:27 pm

Thank you all for the help.
I was confused about it, since one of the famous interactions is between Dora and Citadel is to target Dora with Citadel's effect which will pop the opponent's monsters only since Dora is unaffected. So I thought that it will be the same story here, as in it will resolve regardless if it will pop my monster or not.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”